Chapter 18: And We're Stuck

Olivia's apartment.
Two days later...

  George arrives at his best friend apartment and knocks the door, waiting for Olivia to answer but unfortunately for him, it's a wet Julian, completely naked, wearing only a short blanket around his lower waist. "Hey...Is Liv here?" George asks and Julian informs him that she's doing some extra tutor work with Hayley and Cameron.

  "Do you need something? I could help!" Julian says, clearly full of energy and George sighs. It's obvious that lately they haven't been as close as they used to be and both of them feel a little uneasy. "Look, I need someone to drive me to Austin so I can return Diana's wedding dress to the store...I need a driver!" George explains and bites his lower lip due to the awkwardness. Julian nods positively since he believes that itay be a chance for him and his always complicated with friend, can have a little chat and maybe even bond again.

  "Let me grab my car keys and I'm coming back..." Julian says and instantly heads inside.

  "Don't forget to put some clothes on!" George yells at him and turns around to look at the wedding dress of his sister, knowing that this is going to be awkward.

  Stadium.
In the meantime...

   Anastasia is practicing with the cheerleaders while Wayne is enjoying the view with his college pals from the bleachers. The girls act cute and try to impress the others while Anastasia is still feeling overly complicated about what she wants from Wayne. Thankfully for her, Roy appears after grabbing some clothes from his locker room and notices her troubled face. "I don't think you're having fun...are you alright?" he asks her.

  The cheerleader grabs him and they step aside to not interfere with the practice. "Me and Wayne kissed and suddenly what I thought I wanted with what I actually wanted made the make out session such a bad experience...UGH why feelings are so complicated?" Anastasia replies and Roy sighs since he is in the exact same situation. "I get that...Hayley just doesn't want to talk to me and I don't want to talk to any other girl..." he explains.

  "Yeah but it's different with you because Hayley has daddy issues lately..." Anastasia points out and Roy suddenly gets all weird.

  "Wait, is her father around?" he asks the cheerleader and he seems instantly worried.

"Honestly I have no clue what's exactly going on right now..." She adds and Roy leaves immediately, possibly heading to his ex girlfriend house. The young girl looks at him and then she turns around bumping into Wayne and smiling at him and then quickly avoiding him.

   On the road to Austin.
One hour later...

   "I can't believe we're stuck...why everyone decided to drive to Austin now?" George asks, extremely annoyed that they are going really slow and Julian looks at him and suggests to open the radio...

  "Oh sure...I would love to hear anything but horns!" George points out and Julian opens it. Unfortunately for the two of them, things are going to become much more awkward for the two of them when a radio station plays a novela...

   "Oh Leonard, I'm so mad at you for getting together with my best friend even though I just got dumped by my husband, secretly I was always in love with you!"

  "I can't help it Chrissy and even though I try to move on because you always reject me, my heart will always belong to you!"

  George and Julian look at the radio and then at each other freaked out and Julian adds, "Huh, what are the chances..." while the other boy gets out of the car and starts walking away with Julian getting out too and starts following him. "Hey!" Julian grabs George and turns him around as they face each other in the middle of a very crowded road with every single eye on them. "What do you want Julian?" the young man asks him and waits for an absolution, something that will make the situation less intense but the only thing that follows is a long overdue question...