Chapter 8 : Oxygen

Monday Morning.

Just like every start of the week the students of Orleston are on their way back to school. Hayley and Cameron once again are on their way there together and the boy ask his best friend where was she all weekend long. "Um, you know, my sister needed me to help her with stuff, why?" she responds a little tense and Cameron tells her to relax, he only asked because she told him to hang out and never showed up. "Yeah, I should have texted you about that, the chemistry quiz was brutal and I decided to stay in and study more..."

  Before they can continue their talk, Olivia bumps into them and almost fall down before Cameron catches her. "Are you okay Mrs Logan?" they ask but they can already see that she is a mess. Thankfully for them, Anastasia arrives at that moment and approaches them to see what is going on. She tells them to head inside while she makes a call. Olivia stands down and Anastasia calls her brother...

  "You need to come here and pick up your best friend like Now!" she says to him and closes the phone. It doesn't take more than five minutes for George to drive there and see the mess that his best friend is at the moment. "God, Olivia what did you do?" he asks and she smiles while Anastasia leaves them to go to her class.

Olivia's apartment.
Thirty minutes later...

  Olivia is sleeping when Lucas is examining her. "She is exhausted and she definitely hasn't relaxed for a second lately...We should let her sleep!" Lucas says to George and they let her rest at her bed while the two of them head to her kitchen to cook her something for when she wakes up. "I couldn't believe that the mayor is also a doctor..." George teases him and then touches his back. The many hours he spends renovating the store has made his body to hurt. "Let me help you, I took some massage courses in College!" Lucas says and starts massaging his friend's back.

  "Ugh, that feels good!" the young boy relaxes and Lucas for a second relaxes too, he steps closer to George, he breaths on the boy's neck and starts rubbing him harder. George starts breathing even more heavily and the tension continues to build up between the two men when both of them realize it's wrong and step away. "I have to go, keep me updated about your friend..." Lucas says before he walks away.

  "Yeah, I will..."

  "Alright, goodbye Mr Wilson!" Lucas says to George and leaves the apartment while George takes a deep breath and turns to the kitchen in order to cook, "What was that?"

Orleston High.
Stadium...

  Cameron explains to Sean what happened during practice when Anastasia interrupts them. She pulls away her new friend and asks him where Hayley was during the weekend. "She was busy catching up with our chemistry assignments why?" he responds and the queen bee shows him pictures of Hayley and Roy kissing by the lake. Cameron grabs the phone and looks again.

  "She is the reason I haven't heard from Roy in weeks and I won't let that go peacefully!" Anastasia says annoyed.

  "Come on, it's nothing, probably just some stupid fling..." Cameron tries to support his best friend but unfortunately for him, Anastasia ain't having it and she informs him about her intentions, "Put some sense into her or I will once and for all!" before she walks away.

  "Oh boy!" Cameron says to himself.

Olivia's apartment...

  After quite some time alseep, Olivia wakes up and she is back to her normal self, worrying about class and grading tests but George calms her down. "Ugh, I'm so stupid..." she says to him and to herself. The young boy hugs her and assures her that it's not truth. "I think you are the most intelligent person I have ever met but you do have a drinking problem and I can't believe I missed that..." he adds and gives her something to eat and regain her strength.