Chapter 6: Game On

Stadium.
Friday night...

It's time for the football season to begin. The whole town is there to support the team's new beginning including Cameron's parents waiting for their son to play. Hayley arrives too, wanting to support her best friend even though she doesn't really care about football while Olivia is having flashbacks the more she looks at the field. "I love you Ramon...and I love you too Olivia Logan." she remembers every single moment they spent together at that field, every victory, every loss.

Outside the lockers, George is making sure that Sean is not more nervous that he already is and reminds him how good he is at the what he does. "I know baby, but the boys are counting on me, what if I fail them?" Sean says to his husband and they hold hands. "Hey...I believe in you, you should believe in yourself!" George says to him and gives him a kiss before he heads back to watch the game with Olivia and the rest of the town. Sean opens the door and walks inside the locker room. He looks at the team and gets his act together. "Before we begin, I want to say that matter what happens outside tonight, I'm proud to be here as your coach. One thing I know is that once you are a Tiger, you will always be a Tiger cause this is family. This is forever...So crash them!" Sean concludes and the team puts on their helmets and joins everyone else ready to start the game.

"Who are the winners? TIGERS!" the cheerleaders are screaming out loud, making sure everyone is going to hear them while they are doing their routine. Cameron looks at Anastasia and then turns to Hayley and his parents who are there for him. He almost can't believe it that tonight it's everything or nothing. He has to prove that coach Tucker made the right choice by making him a Tiger. Among the crowd, Olivia is feeling worse and worse and George notices it. "Hey Liv, are you okay?" he asks her and she nods her head to assure him, "Yeah don't worry, I'm just a little bit cold!"

After that the game starts and everyone starts running. A few players get injured pretty quickly and the score doesn't make both of the teams to feel like they own the game. Suddenly just seconds before the game reach its middle, Cameron scores and then he scores again and again while Orleston is clapping for him. "CAMERON, CAMERON!" they scream, catching Roy's attention, making him pretty jealous that they never did something like that for him. "Perfect..." he whispers with a sarcastic tone. Hayley notices that he is off from the moment they started screaming Cameron's name and looks at him, for a second thinking how he is feeling.

Time passes and the game finally ends with the Tigers being the obvious winner thanks to Cameron's talent that made everyone from the other team to look like an amateur. His teammates grab him and throw him into the air whole his parents are looking at him overwhelmed with happiness that their son is finally doing something for himself.

Pizzazz.
One hour later...

Everyone has gathered at the only place they can hangout after a game nowadays, Pizzazz and Cameron has now assumed the role of the working teenager once again, serving food to his teammates and the rest of the town. Hayley arrives with her sister at the store and notices Roy looking inside, where everyone is having the time of their lives. She says to her sister to go inside and she will join her in a second. "Roy are you okay?" she asks him.

"Like you care...Why aren't you inside? Your boyfriend is waiting for you to celebrate." he responds to her.

"He is not my boyfriend..." Hayley rolls her eyes and heads to the store but then she has a change of heart and turns around, "Besides you should celebrate too, you kicked ass tonight, I saw you saving your team at least five times." Hayley says to him and smiles while Roy thinks about what she said and walks closer to her. Now he is only inches away from her, their breaths lands on each other and then Hayley steps back and moves towards the store again but Roy grabs her hand, turns her around and she lands on him. Her heart is beating faster and faster as the town's ladies man kisses her. She kisses him back and then they stop, realizing what happened.

For the first time in years, Roy doesn't have a catchphrase to say back to her, she simply slaps him and leaves. "I probably deserved that!" he whispers before he joins everyone else for a good old beer. Inside the store, Sean is sitting with the town's golden men while George is getting them their orders. He says to Cameron that two of the orders are wrong so he is pretty much stuck for the night as their butler. "So husband, I bought an old place with the last money that I had in my solo bank account and I haven't had time to announce that to you since you ignore me..." he tries to find a way to say what he has been up to while Sean has been working his ass off being the best coach he can possibly be.

"Try the...Aw Sean, please don't be mad that you are an asshole who only wants me to be your housewife...huh? Anastasia joins her brother after having noticed that he is standing alone for the past thirty minutes. "That's not how marriage works sister, people sometimes have to compromise..." George responds and she pinches him...

"Hello? Are you cuckoo bananas? Tell me the last time he left anything for you and don't telle that he accepted the fact that you studied for two years in Portland because he accepted that job down in Florida and left you all alone while he still pretends that he made the ultimate sacrifice!" she says to her brother hoping that he will realise what he is actually doing at the moment, waiting hungry and alone to take the food to some snobs. "It's just a phase, besides I wanted to return to Orleston too." George responds and Anastasia laughs...

"Huh, no you didn't. You hate it here, it reminds you of your father, Ramon and you miss Diana...she found Alex along the way, you settled were it felt safe...you deserve more than being his maid and occasional lover!" she concludes and George takes the orders and returns to the table while Cameron is surprised by Anastasia's words. She turns to him and she smiles, "What? I care for that dumb brother of mine."

"I like it..." he grins at her and returns to work.

Olivia's apartment.
In the meantime...

The young woman returns home and feels already much better away from the stadium. She notices that her parents have called her like a million times but she is too tired to call them back at the moment. "Another exciting day in the life of Olivia Logan." she says to herself and then she looks at her old phone's gallery, pictures of her and Ramon.

She doesn't even cry anymore while she looks at them, she hates herself for not being able to move on from a romance that barely had any time to develop into something more. Feelings that were never expressed, moments that should have happened...

"I'm sorry...I killed you!" she says to his picture again and again, hating the fact that he jumped into the flames to save her.

Pizzazz.
Two hours later...

Hayley is outside, smoking behind her sisters back. She knows that she will talk and talk about how much she hurts her health with these things. Roy walks outside too and tries to light his cigarette but he's unable to do so and Hayley helps him. "Thanks..." he says to her why see leans on the wall, looking at him with her vixen like eyes and a little bit drunk but not drunk enough not to know what she is doing. She makes sure that Roy is one with her body, that he is feeling her chest. "You shouldn't have kissed me..." she says to him while their eyes have locked on each other. "Why?" Roy responds and slowly move his hand closer to her chest...

"Because it wasn't enough...how about a little bit higher?" she whispers on his ear and places his arm on her neck while they start kissing again but this time they don't stop at all.

To be continued...