Chapter 2: The Start Of Something New

One week later.
Early morning...

Anastasia woke up pretty early, getting ready to shine for her first day as a junior. A morning bath, perfect outfit selection from the night before and a little bit of make up to give herself a boost in confidence. Then her phone starts buzzing and it's her girlfriends telling her that they are outside waiting for her in the car. She immediately puts on her uggs, grabs her backpack and storms outside before George has a chance to tell her that breakfast is ready.

He turns back to Sean and asks, "Either I'm having a midlife crisis or I actually became the uncool older brother who ends up eating the family breakfast a by himself?"

Sean laughs and grabs his orange juice for the road, since he is driving to school too. "Don't worry baby, I will be uncool with you anytime!" he points out and the share a kiss before he leaves too. Looking around at the empty house, George grabs his bacon and realizes how terrible it is.

Orleston High.

Hayley arrives at the school and tries to find her locker. She eventually finds it but as expected from her luck, it's stuck and she desperately tries to get it open. Then someone punches it from her right and it finally opens. "Ugh finally, thanks um?" she realizes that she doesn't know anyone here. The boy smiles. He is really tall, half white - half black young man around her age. "It's Cameron. Um it's nothing really, most lockers have the same problem since the school had its budget cut in half..." he explains uncomfortably and asks Hayley if she needs some help finding her way to class.

She grabs her book and admits that, this would be an amazing idea. "You are new here right?" Cameron asks her and she nods, "That obvious huh?" she replies. He nods positively and then he makes things even more uncomfortable, "Well yeah, I would have totally remembered you otherwise-NOT that I wouldn't remember you now, I mean..."

"Yeah, I think I get what you mean. Don't sweat it." she calms him down even though she does seem a little flattered.

"Right, if you ever need a place to sit during lunch, come find me, you seem alright." he says to her as they walk in the same class only for Cameron to have a moment of epiphany and realize that he doesn't have chemistry right now, so he says goodbye to Hayley and runs to his class. "There is something wrong with the water in this place. Definitely!" she whispers and takes a seat.

Then Roy walks in the class and her a look, getting an immediate interest in her but before he has his chance to talk to the new girl, Olivia walks in the classroom, dying from anxiety on the inside but on the outside she simply smiles at her students and introduces herself. "Hi everyone, my name is Olivia Logan and together we will do quite a few experiments this year." she tries to be a little cool. It becomes obvious that all the boys are shocked by her, considering that she is young, pretty and not the usual old, fat man that can't get his feet around.

"I will do as many experiments as you want me to do Mrs. Logan." Roy says and winks at her. Olivia decides not to make a comment since it's her first day and simply asks everyone to open their books.

School's cafeteria.
Two hours later...

Roy keeps looking at Hayley, who is sitting alone at a table not too far away from him but before he has his chance of being his usual womanizing self, Anastasia arrives and cuts a piece of his hair. "What the hell cheerleader?" he asks her and she explains to him, "I heard about your little comments during Mrs. Logan class. Very mature of you. Say something like that to her again and you will wake up bald the next time!" she finishes, smiles and leaves the jock's table to go sit with the rest of the cheerleaders.

In the meantime, Cameron appears in front of Hayley, surprising her in the process. "Hey, you scared me." she says while she keeps listening to The Hives. The young boy takes her headphones off and grabs her left hand, "Come on, follow me." he says to her and they walk away, catch g Roy's attention. The two of them walk outside and sit at the stadium's stands.

"See? Best view in the whole school. Am I right?" Cameron asks her while he eats his burger.

"Sure it's fine. I mean my old school had a better view and definitely better french fries but whatever." she says to him and they smile.

"Alright, alright, if you want to be snobbish about Orleston, I think I can respect that, for now..." he teases her.

"Oh I'm sorry, can't a girl have a different opinion than you men, here?" she jokes around and he continues the teasing, "Sorry but nope, you're in Texas now, either respect the man or death is upon you!"

Hayley throws him her fries and then she grabs one of the balls that were on the field and throws it to him. A few feet away is Sean who is looking at the stadium and tries to come up with different team tactics before Cameron and Hayley catch his eye. He is almost amazed by the fact that Cameron, obviously having no clue about football can throw a ball like that and run around the stadium in such an athletic way. "Huh." he says to himself and continues his work. Before the two kids can continue their little game, the bell rings and they have to return to their classes, so they grab their food and their books and they head back inside.

James' residence.
After school...

Cameron returns home to find his mother alone. His father is probably still working and that leaves him, having to cook their dinner. His mother seems weak like every other day since she started battling with cancer but she always lights up when her son is in the house. "My boy...how was your day?" she asks him with a weak smile on her face.

"Good 'ma, how are you? I'm thinking about making spaghetti tonight, what do you think?" he asks his mother and gives her her water. She nods positively since she knows that Cameron is an amazing chef and decides she wants to help him this time. "You met a girl..." she mentions to him and he turns red. "Yeah, she is new here. Hayley, she is really cool!" he points out and the two of them start cooking.

Wilson's residence.
In the meantime...

Sean and Anastasia are back and they are worried since they find the entire table full of what it seems like a hundred different recipes gone wrong. "Did Satan came by for a visit or you actually decided to break the deal we made about you not touching the kitchen?" the young girl asks her brother and heads to her room in order to change into something comfier. Then Sean looks at his bored husband and asks him what's wrong.

"I gave up my job and our house in order for to be here. But you have a job and Anastasia doesn't really needs us. Let's just say I have been feeling pretty useless today. Hell the whole week..."

Sean hugs him and then offer an advice to his husband, "Maybe it's time for you to start accepting we are back here. Why don't you look for a job?"

"Maybe you are right. Anyways, how was your day? Anything excited?" George asks.

"More or less. I have to admit, the team is weak, thankfully we have the try outs this Friday and maybe some fresh talent can be spotted, otherwise the cheerleaders can play in our place and no one will notice the difference..." Sean explains with some disappointment in his voice. The two of them hug as they sit at the sofa and Anastasia comes out of her room, saying, "Why don't we order some pizza?"

"But I cooked!" George points out, however his little sister and Sean believe that maybe they should actually order. "You don't appreciate homemade meal!" George adds and frowns.

To be continued...