7. Villainous Venture

Days are passing normally. After that day of encountering Sean, Yibo became much silent than usual.

On a cozy evening. Everyone is already at home. Zo makes some coffee and hands it over to her husband and milk for her son. She takes a mug for herself. Yibo didn't come down after declining the coffee.

Zo looks at Yibo's room on the first floor, leaves a sigh.

Zo's husband understands what she might be thinking, he puts down the laptop and looks at her.

Zo looks back at him with questioning eyes.

"How is he? He always looks more sad or tired." He moves his fingers.

"Right, he is very quiet than any boy of his age," Zo replies.

"Can't we do anything for him?"

"What can we? You know his reason."

Mr Kang nods, after a few minutes he asks,
"How is it going with Ms Kim?" Mr Kang asks.

When you see one person every day. It normally brings people closer through sharing a smile or small talk.

"He just coldly followed what I said, I presume... Why? Are you expecting them to get closer? You know Yibo..." Zo replies.

Mr Kang: Yea, do you think that he should try blind dates?

Zo: Well, I don't want to force someone into a relationship. I can't disrespect his love interest and forced with other choices. He can choose anyone eventually...or stay like this..."

Mr Kang replies, "It's not about forcing him. But probably asking him to move forward? He is very painful to see. But how brilliant a person he is!!"

Zo: He is really in pain. But if he is doing everything fine, that means he is dealing with it fine. He may not deserve to feel pain. But living in pain is his choice. I'm not his mother. I can't nag before his choice. And you can't guarantee that even we force him with another person, he will move on. It may be stressful for him too. Or probably become a burden. I don't want to play with his heart.
And don't forget. Sean wasn't simply a love interest to him. Which can be replaced easily.

Me Kang nods.

Zo: I wish he can cry a little. He only cried when I went to receive him. He became stone after that. I don't know if he still blames himself for that. Sigh!

Mr Kang: Still, he has had enough, he doesn't deserve it.

Zo smirks sadly, "Deserve, you say? The word is too relative to be true. Who deserves what? The families suffered for me will say that I deserve to live a happy life with a good husband and a sweet child?
Even though I want a chance, my works are unforgivable.
We can only say this to a person we care about, or an excuse to blame life...

If someone continuously getting bad luck, that doesn't mean they deserve it, it is just this way. if he carries with it then at the end he will be prized well. If he still didn't get anything he will be the winner of his sufferings and the hope for happiness."

Zo continues, "He is strong. I'm not letting him be like whatever. I believe in him. Sean doesn't choose him for no reason. And If Sean also wanted to lead a happy life, even after he is gone, let someone still think about him, care for him and wait for him for his whole life. Yibo cherishes his love and memories...

No one will get hurt that way. I'm sure of it."

Zo stops.

Suddenly their son comes and thuds his empty glass on the table. "I finished my milk and homework."