22. Gloomy Hymns

Bad language and uncomfortable content alert.
•♠•

Sean notices it's Eric Phi and looks back at Yibo. Yibo reads Sean's lips.
*Gulp*

Sean grabs Yibo, "Run. You must not be seen."

No words, no extra sound. They take a long breathe together. Sean stands, Yibo goes to the window and climbs the roof. Then Sean takes Yibo's bowl and chopsticks. He throws the chopsticks and washes the bowl fast and puts it from where it was taken. Even if Eric tries to hear what is happening inside, he could only hear a person moving.

Sean covers his face. He backs to his same cold avatar. His heartbeat is calm, his eye movements- breathing more than normal. Sean opens the door.

Eric smiles.

"My friend, were you busy? "

"Why are you here? I don't remember giving you my address..." Sean asks back.

"This is no better than closing the door on my face. Hawk, my friend, at least welcome me inside?" Eric says.

"You lousy fucker, if you don't have any work, then just get lost. You don't have to come here to show your fracking bullshit friendship crap... I'm busy-man."
Sean thinks but he doesn't say so.

"I've seen many people. Even people like you. And I'm very familiar with the Chairman's Dolls. I killed one of them. One died, and I'll kill you too." Sean thinks and sides from the door. Eric enters.

*Sniff* *sniff*

"My moonshine....!" Eric mumbles near the bed.

He looks at Sean, "You make me wait outside, I was thinking if you were preparing some surprise gift for me" he says cheerfully while he is examining Sean.

"I don't do business with my belongings...by my talent," Sean says.

Eric smirks. "Your belonging....hm!"

Sean is measuring this man. He got no idea, what he may say or do next... He is no simple guy. If he is told a wolf in sheep's clothing... Both the wolf and sheep will feel shy.

"Oh, were you eating?" Eric notices the hotpot.

"Yea"

Eric goes closer. *sniff* *sniff*
"Looks delicious! May I have a bite?"

Sean rubs his teeth, says, "Sure."

"This is a lot for two... "

"I eat little much."

Sean gives him a bowl. While he is passing the food with his chopstick, he drops it on Eric's dress.

"Oh! My bad, my hand slipped." Sean says to Eric. His face is not 'sorry' at all. In mind, he apologizes to Yibo.

"Your hand don't shake when you hold a weapon, how sad, your hand slipped to hold some food..." Eric says.

"Yea, I'm not good at serving annoying guests..." Sean says as smiles creepily.

"Oh?" Eric smiles the same, "That means you didn't take me seriously, Hawk, my friend." as he stands up, a bloody dagger falls from his pocket.

"What are you talking about?" Sean says. Nobody moves their eyeballs from each other for a sec.

Then Eric blasts into laughter. And wipes the food from his dress. He picks the bloody dragger from the floor and pockets it again.
"Please wipe the floor for me."