Pinky Promise Part 7

Sometime during the night they had heard screaming coming from the tombs.  Before Beth could stop him Carl had run off to investigate.  With Carol and Axel outside watching for the others to get back Beth was left with her father and a baby to protect.  If Carl made it back from the tombs in one piece she was going to kill him for running off.

Hearing a commotion in the adjoining room Beth forced her father with the baby into his cell and told him to be quiet before creeping closer.  As she reached the door Carl came through and locked the door effectively locking the people he had found in the tombs in the common area.  The woman went ballistic screaming for Carl to unlock the door.

"Hey," Beth called, gaining the woman's attention, "My name's Beth.  What's yours?"

Fuming the woman didn't answer instead the large man she was with approached the bars, "She's Sasha.  I'm her brother, Tyreese.  That back there is Allen and Ben," he told her as he motioned to the two behind him.  

Nodding Beth smiled, "Listen, I know you're probably exhausted and scared, but we really mean you no harm.  If you look, the door you came through is locked, nothing is getting you tonight so please sleep and we can talk in the morning," she requested.  

Nodding Tyreese thanked her before pulling Sasha away from the bars to speak to her quietly.  Turning as Carl approached her with a small cardboard box in his hands with water and food he handed her the keys, "Open the door so I can slide this in."

Taking the keys she told the group to back up to the far wall.  After they listened she opened the door while Carl slid it through the opening.  Locking back up she told the others to eat and sleep and that once their leader got back they'd decide what to do.  

At some point during the night Beth had fallen asleep.  Jerking upright from where she lay across her bed she realized the baby, Carl decided to name her Judith, was fussing.  Glancing out across the steps to Daryl's perch she didn't notice any signs that he had made it back yet.

Quickly she changed Judith and gathered her up to take her down to feed her.  Walking down the steps she noted the cell block door leading to the common area was open.  Hoping the group was back she hurried towards it.

Stepping into the room she found Axel handing out breakfast while her Daddy was giving Allen stitches in his leg.  All the while Tyreese and Sasha had been talking with her father.  Making her presence known Beth asked if the group was back yet.

Hiding her disappointment when she was told they weren't back yet she began making Judith's bottle.  "Wow, how old is she?" she heard Sasha ask from behind her.  Turning Beth looked at her warily, "A little over a week," Beth answered.

Noticing the look she gave her Sasha smiled, "Hey sorry about last night.  I was just tired and exhausted.  Truthfully you guys are about the only ones we've found to be actually decent.  Anyway she's beautiful," Sasha nodded at the baby.

Smiling Beth thanked her as she finished making the bottle and began feeding her.  Sitting off to the side Beth listened to the conversation between Tyreese and Hershel as she simultaneously fed Judith and listened for their group to get back.

After the baby was done eating Beth went back to their cell block to burp her.  She was pacing the floor with her when Carl and her daddy came back through the door with Carl locking it behind them.  Beth stood where she was waiting for her daddy to come to her, "I told them it wasn't our decision to allow them to stay," he told her quietly.  

Nodding Beth suggested heading Rick off outside when he got back to tell him about them before he saw them.  "That's a good idea, Doodlebug.  I'm going to head out now and check on Carol, hopefully they'll be back soon," he told her