Pinky Promise Part 19

"Beth keep an eye on the ones coming from the woods," Daryl told her as Rick assessed the situation and quickly sprang into action.  Moving the gate enough for someone to squeeze out Merle and Rick came out first with Glenn and the men from Woodbury behind them.

Beth noticed the walkers coming from the woods were moving faster towards them now, as they were attracted to the commotion by the gate.  Spinning away from Daryl she rushed towards the walkers coming from behind.

"Beth come on," he yelled, stopping to look back at her.  Hearing her sister screaming her name she told Daryl to get the deer inside while she took down two more walkers.

The men had thinned out the walkers by the gates enough that Daryl was able to reach Glenn and shove the deer at him before racing back to Beth with Merle and Rick hot on his heels.  Pulling his knife he cut down two walkers coming in from the left trying to surround her.

He made it to her side and was taking out walkers coming from the left when Merle and Rick joined them.  Clearing enough of the walkers around them the four turned and ran for the open gate where Tyreese and Glenn were keeping it clear. 

Daryl had grabbed her hand while running and hauled her through the gate, "Jesus fucking Christ are you okay?" he demanded, running his hands over her face and arms checking for bites.  

"I'm fine," she assured him.  "You're covered in blood," he growled.  Shaking her head she told him it was walker blood.

"Beth!" Maggie cried slamming into both Beth and Daryl, she wrapped her arms around both of them, "Thank God you're both okay," she exclaimed checking them both over. 

"Maggie we're fine," she insisted.  Seeing the deer on the ground safe Beth pointed it out, "And Daryl brought dinner."

Clapping Daryl on the back Rick laughed, "That he did.  Daryl, Beth you remember Brandon and Mason and this is Adam and Jeffrey.  They came with Tyreese and Sasha to help repair the gate," Rick told them as he introduced everyone.

Holding out her hand Beth shook each of their hands.  "You can call me JD," the one named Jeffrey told her, winking at her.  

Smiling politely she pulled her hand away, "Nice to see and meet ya all," she said stepping back into Daryl who stood silently, "Hello again Tyreese, Sasha," she continued nodding at the brother and sister as they both waved to her.

Glaring at the kid who'd winked at Beth, Daryl put his hand on her waist gaining her attention, "I'm gonna take the deer up," he told her.  Smiling she nodded, "I'm gonna check on Judith if ya wanna find me later," she told him.

Most of the others had gone back to trying to shift the gate back onto it's tracks and so Beth thanked them all for the assist on getting back inside before following Daryl up the hill to the prison.

Noticing the kid, JD, watching the pretty blonde trailing after his brother Merle scoffed, "I'd look elsewhere, Boy," he advised, slapping the kid on his shoulder. 

Giving Merle a brief look his eyes strayed back to the hot blonde walking up the hill, "I think I'm in love; the girl had a crossbow strapped to her back and holy hell watching her take those walkers out was probably the hottest thing ever," JD said as he watched Beth's ass as she walked.

"Excuse me that's my sister you're talking about there," Maggie called glaring, "She ain't a piece of meat."

"Yeah, and I can assure ya the girl knows how to use that crossbow and if she don't shoot ya dead for lookin at her like that I can damn near guarantee my brother will," Merle growled at the kid.

Finally looking at Merle JD blinked confused, "Seriously they're together?" he questioned. 

Nodding Merle sneered, "Yeah got a nice family goin; raising a kid together an all," he told him.

Hearing the conversation Rick cut in, "Technically she's my kid," he called, "But yeah Beth and Daryl take care of her about ninety percent of the time," he admitted when Merle just snorted, "Now can you two help with this?" he asked, indicating the very heavy gate.

After washing her arms clean of blood with the barrel of rainwater they kept outside Beth headed into the cell block looking for Carol and Judith as Daryl took the deer down to the kitchen to butcher it.  Beth found Carol pacing the floor with a crying Judith.

Spotting Beth Carol sighed in relief, "Oh thank goodness.  She's been so fussy I can't seem to get her to calm down," Carol told her.  

Laying her machete down Beth slipped her crossbow off her back before taking Judith, "Hi, sweet girl.  What's the matter?" she asked, rocking her.  Almost immediately Judith quieted down.  "Well now, looks like she knows her mama is around," Carol commented smiling at the two.

Looking up Beth shook her head, "I'm not her mama," she insisted.  

Sighing Carol brushed a strand of hair behind Beth's ear, "Honey, you're the closest thing she's gonna have to it and that's okay," she told her, "Rick hasn't come right out and said it but he's pretty much given up parenting her to you and Daryl and that's okay too.  Rick's a good man and I'm not saying he doesn't love her but I also think having the reminder of Shane and Lori is too hard for him.  Now look at that she's finally asleep," Carol pointed out.

Looking down Judith was indeed asleep in her arms.  "Why don't you take her up?  I'm going to see what in the world Daryl is doing with that deer down in my kitchen," Carol told her before leaving Beth alone in the cell block.

Laying the baby down in her playpen she headed to her cell to try and organize the mess she'd brought back from the farm.  Studying the cell she decided taking the second bunk down and putting them together could work if she moved the table next to the prison toilet on the far left wall.

After dragging the table from next to the bed to the wall she picked up her still full suitcase and heaved it onto the table.  Opening it she let the lid lay against the wall as she rummaged through it pulling out clean clothes for a shower later.  

Her duffel bag of shoes was still sitting on top of the top bunk where Daryl had put it the day before with the duffel bag she'd packed with things for Maggie's wedding.  Pulling the shoes down Beth cringed waiting for the noise to wake the baby.  When she didn't hear anything she unzipped the bag and sorted out her and Maggie's shoes.

Gathering up her sister's shoes she took them down to the other end where Maggie and Glenn's cell was.  Walking back Beth stopped outside her cell chewing on the inside of her cheek as she contemplated doing something about the privacy factor.

Going downstairs she rummaged through the pile of sheets she'd brought back from the farm till she found a light weight sheet that she knew would match the sheets she had sitting in her cell.  Heading into the common area she found scissors and zip ties.  Grabbing the small step ladder they'd found she took everything up to her cell and got to work hanging the sheet over her cell door.

Using the bar that ran across the top of the cell door she measured where to poke holes in the sheet and then used the zip ties to secure the sheet to the bar.  Closing the cell door from the outside Beth smiled in satisfaction when she couldn't see into the cell.

Hearing footsteps she turned looking over the rail smiling when she saw Daryl.  Taking the steps two at a time he noticed the sheet on the door, "What are you up to?" he asked.

Closing the door again she smile, "Giving us some privacy so you can stop sleeping in those heavy pants," she told him, before reopening the door.  Glancing behind him where some of his stuff was still piled he suggested maybe taking the stuff into the cell.

"Why Mr. Dixon are you asking to move in with me?" she asked playfully, walking over to him she ran her hands up his chest before pushing up to her toes to kiss him.  Clutching her by the waist he slid his hands down under her ass before picking her up.

Wrapping her legs around his waist she held on as he walked them into the cell.  Laying her down on the bunk he turned and closed the cell door before coming back to her unbuckling his belt as she hurriedly pulled off her own jeans.

"Since we're officially living together probably best to break in our new bed," he said smiling wickedly as he climbed on top of her.