Pinky Promise Part 12

Walking back to the front of the meeting barn Beth saw Andrea sitting again on the bench outside and Milton and her father talking together on another bench.  Sitting next to Andrea she closed her eyes as she listened to Milton question her father about how he lost his leg.

Her eyes snapped open when she heard Milton ask to see his stump but breathed out a sigh of relief when her father skillfully evaded lifting his pant leg where he would've revealed the knife and gun that was strapped there too.

"I can't go back there," Andrea whispered.  Turning her head Beth grabbed her hand, "Andrea, you're family.  It's hard to say what the best thing to do is.  Rick used to say we don't kill the living, but the living are the threat," she said watching the older woman.

Sighing Andrea looked at her, "I'm sorry you had to kill someone, Beth, you should've never had to do that," Andrea apologized.  Beth turned her head from Andrea scanning the area finding Daryl walking back with Martinez, "It was either him or us.  I did what needed to be done, but if we just stopped, it wouldn't have been needed, you know?"

Nodding Andrea told her she understood. 

Hearing the barn door slide open both Andrea and Beth stood quickly as the Governor came out with Rick behind him.  Pausing when he saw the two women holding hands Beth tensed as he strode towards them, "Andrea, I don't believe you've mentioned who this beautiful darling is," he practically purred, stopping in front of Beth.

Seeing Rick shake his head behind the Governor she knew he was warning Daryl off.  Taking a breath Beth stuck her hand out, "Beth.  I'm the one that takes care of Rick's newborn daughter," she said introducing herself.

Feeling instantly skived when he took her hand Beth fought down the urge to rip her hand away when he raised it and kissed it, "A worthy job taking care of one so small," he told her smiling.  

Revolted Beth couldn't help herself, "Yes it is.  Do you have any children?" she asked innocently knowing full well that he had in fact had a daughter that had turned into a walker he kept on a chain that Michonne had killed.

Keeping the wide eyed innocence on her face Beth blinked up at him as he studied her, "I did," he answered quietly before letting her hand go and stepping back.

"Two days, Rick," he called over his shoulder before he looked back at her, "Beth, pleasure to meet you.  I hope to see you again real soon," he smiled lecherously before heading to the jeep.  

Glancing at Andrea when she squeezed her hand Beth nodded at her before she followed after the Governor.  Feeling Daryl slide up behind her he whispered, "Put the crossbow and rifle in the car while I get the bike.  You're riding back with me," he told her before heading to get his bike.

Beth moved towards the car as Rick and her daddy were climbing in.  Rick paused as she slid her crossbow and rifle into the car, "Nice touch," he complimented quietly before climbing behind the wheel.  

Hearing Daryl's bike Beth hurried over and climbed on behind him as her eyes made contact with the Governor.  Shivering at the look in the man's eyes she hugged Daryl tighter as they drove past the jeep and headed back towards the prison.

Hearing the bike coming, Merle had already pulled the upper gate open to allow them access to the courtyard as he and Glenn attempted to keep the walkers away so they could get by.  Pulling to a stop Beth hopped off the bike and was at the car pulling her rifle and crossbow out before Daryl had even gotten off the bike, she knew he was pissed at her.

She hoped to grab her stuff and get inside before he could say anything to her but he was too quick for her and was behind her before she finished picking up the crossbow.  Bracing herself she turned around to find him glaring at her, "Really?  Ya gonna run off like a coward?"