Pinky Promise Part 15

"Rick wants us taking one of the trucks," Daryl told her the next morning as they stopped beside one of the trucks parked in the courtyard. Nodding she threw her school bag into the backseat.

"Alright if everyone's ready let's go," Rick called climbing into the suburban while Merle and Carol got into the truck Merle had brought back the day before.

"You two be careful," Hershel told Beth and Daryl as they got into their truck. Leaning out her window she blew a kiss to her dad and Maggie, "Don't worry Daddy I'll take good care of him," she called, waving to them laughing.

"You're a regular comedian," Daryl muttered as they drove out of the gates. Smiling Beth laughed, "I know."

Pulling up to Woodbury they waited for the gates to open before following their convoy inside, "This place looks secure," she commented looking around. "It is from walkers but Andrea needs to fix the areas someone could sneak into. She was already issuing orders when we left yesterday to get started," he told her as they climbed out of the truck.

Coming around the front the two met up with the others as Tyreese came out of a building to greet them, "Hello again," he called, "Andrea sent me to get you," he told them, waving them over.

Following behind the crowd Beth looked around at the people walking on the street. Everyone seemed so normal. "This place doesn't seem real," she whispered to Daryl, taking his hand.

"A lot of what's left here are women and children who don't know how to fight what's beyond the walls," he told her quietly as they entered what looked like a doctor's clinic. There they found Andrea sitting on a bed while a doctor was wrapping her wrist with Michonne sitting beside her on a stool and Sasha standing at the window.

Seeing them enter Andrea smiled, "I'm so glad you're here. Please take Michonne with you. She's been hovering since you found me," she said laughing, reaching out to squeeze Michonne's hand.

Moving to sit at the bottom of the bed Carol laughed, "Well Honey, you're looking pretty bad. I don't blame her." Taking a seat on the other bed Beth asked if she was okay.

As the doctor finished wrapping her wrist Andrea nodded, "My wrists were pretty cut up from the handcuffs and Doctor S. here says I was dehydrated but other than that I'm pretty okay." Rolling his eyes the doctor huffed, "She's lucky to be alive," he informed them before leaving the room.

Watching him go Andrea shook her head, "He doesn't have much of a bedside manner," she told them, "Anyway, the purpose of your trip. I've been able to put together just a few people to help in the search. Most of the ones here were left because they weren't fighters," she explained.

"Tyreese and Sasha have decided to head out and search along with two men Brandon and Mason. Everyone else either can't fight or I need here in case he comes back," she told them.

Nodding Rick pulled a map out, "We already picked some routes that we'll each go that will circle back after a hundred miles," he told her as he unfolded it and laid it out on the bed she was sitting on, "Merle already knows the route he and Carol will take as does Daryl and Beth," Rick told them, "Michonne and I can take this route, while your two groups can take either of these," he said pointing to the map.

"Let's take this over to the kitchens and have some lunch before you all leave. Brandon and Mason should be there so we can go over this with them," Andrea decided as she slipped from the bed and stood.

Folding the map Rick followed along with everyone else.

Hanging back Beth motioned to Daryl who stayed back too, "After we see where the kitchens are can you take me to where you buried Milton?" she asked.