Chapter 4: Impressive

KATOONI ADANA

Katooni walked through the walls of the Holt, headed to the mess hall to get something to eat for lunch.

Her training session had been a success, she had flawlessly completed Master Tano's wall-running trial.

Suddenly, someone came up on her.

"Hey," said a familiar voice, "that was really impressive back there."

"Well, Petro," Katooni replied, "I'm surprise you didn't do the same."

"Well," he said, "I'm good, but I'm not that good. How'd you even learn that?"

"Practice and honing my skills through the Force," Katooni said, as they walked through the halls and to the mess hall. "I'm honestly as surprised as you are, if not more."

"Well, I mean I did do it myself," Petro replied.

"Not on your first try, though," Katooni replied.

They came to the mess hall, and they noticed there were a few people in there. Some knights, some padawans, and some younglings.

Lyda and Rex were talking in one corner. At another table, Mira Nassi, Morra Sevarro, and Huk Mar were having a chat.

Katooni and Petro walked up to a droid that was serving the food. 

"What would you like to eat," the droid said in a monotonous voice.

"I'll just have some Kavasa Fruit and some Shaak roast," Katooni said.

"I'll take the roast too," Petro said.

"Okay," the droid said. "That will be null credits, please,"

The droid then turned around and got the food anyways.

"Seems like that droid hasn't been properly reprogrammed," Petro said.

"It sounds like it's from the days of the Old Republic," Katooni replied.

"I can still hear you," the droid said, as it continued to do it's task.

It then put the plates of food in front of Katooni and Petro.

"Here you go," the droid said. "despite your attitude."

"Thank you," the two said, picking up their plates off the counter.

The droid did not reply with a "Your Welcome," instead just going back to work.

"Geez," Katooni said, after getting out of the droid's range of hearing. "That thing needs some reprogramming, big time."

"Agreed," Petro said. "It's got some bugs. And an attitude."

"That thing's fussier than an astromech," Katooni continued. "And believe me, some of them are really fussy."

"So I've heard," Petro replied.

The two sat down at a table and started eating.

"Mmph," Katooni said, devouring her food. "This food is a million times better than Temple rations."

"Well," Petro replied, "It's not like they've got temple rations laying around in the food supplies we get. Could be anything really. We could end up with an excess of Jogan Fruits, or Puffer Pig bacon one day, and we don't see that again for another few months. I guess that's what you normally get when you're part of a hidden Jedi enclave in the Unknown Regions."

The two ate a little more.

"Have you seen Master Tano's kid lately?" Petro asked.

"I have!" Katooni replied. "She's the cutest little thing. Master Tano never lets her out of her field of view, though."

"And when she's not with her, she's with..." Petro continued.

"Padawan Bonteri?" Katooni finished his sentence.

"Yeah," Petro continued. "I can only guess Aletta's going to grow up to be an amazing Jedi."

"Well," Katooni said, "I can't wait to see when she grows up."

"Neither can I," Petro replied. "If she's anything like her mother, she'll be slicing down those bucketheads in no time."

"I wonder how powerful Master Tano really is," Katooni inquired.

"Well," Petro said, finishing off his food. "I don't know. And I don't think it's normal."

"What?" Katooni asked, intruiged.

"She's refused to comment on how she got her white sabers, and that happened on the same day that symbol got burnt into the grass. That's not normal."

"Nothing's normal anymore," Katooni replied.

"Not her," Petro said. "I have a sneaking suspicion something's up."