Chapter 18: Unexpected Inspection

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka woke up to a knock on the submarine's hatch.

She quickly examined her surroundings. The Mon Calamari child was still sleeping in the back, and her lightsabers were still in the secret compartment.

"Open up in there!" She heard someone yell. It wasn't the bartender, and unfortunately, it sounded like a generic Stormtrooper voice.

Ahsoka complied, opening the hatch.

Two Purge Troopers looked into the submarine, and Ahsoka did not go unnoticed.

"What the!?" One of the troopers yelled. "Is that Ahsoka Tano!?"

Well, look like I'm well-known, she thought.

She quickly used the force to open the secret compartment and draw her lightsabers to her hands. She turned them on and force-jumped out of the submarine, cleanly slicing off the heads of both troopers.

She turned off her lightsabers.

"Wha-!?!"

Ahsoka looked to see the Quarren bartender, horrified, looking at the scene.

"Uh..." Ahsoka said, quickly going up to him and swiping her fingers in front of his face. "You will forget that you saw that."

"A Jedi!?" The bartender yelled. It seems he wasn't weak-minded, unfortunately.

"Shh!" Ahsoka whispered. "Someone could hear!"

"Listen, as much as I hate the Imps, I'm not going to take any risks. Get the kriff out of my bar before you drag any attention. I won't tell anyone. Unless, of course, I have to, which I won't if you kriffing scram, so better go ahead and do that!"

"Fine," Ahsoka said. "I wasn't planning at staying at this bar anyways."

Then, Ahsoka felt something nearby, as if it were some kind of whistle in the wind.

Is that...? She thought.

She listened closely, and heard a baby crying.

What a coincidence, She thought.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" The bartender said. "Get the kriff out!"

"On second thought, I may have some last-minute buisness to attend to here," Ahsoka said.

"What!?" The bartender exclaimed. "No, I'm not letting you drag any more Imps into my bar. Do you have any idea how hard it was to get them to not arresting anyone in sight? That there was nothing here worth checking? Or at least I thought so, until you came in here and used your laser-swords to chop up those Troopers!"

"They were gonna do the same to me if I didn't do anything."

"Fair enough," the bartender replied. "Do whatever the kriff you need to do before you go. But please hurry, last thing I'd want to do is be arrested for hosting a galactic fugitive."

"I'll make it as fast as I can," Ahsoka said.

"Please do," said the bartender.

Ahsoka walked into the main room, and there was a considerably larger crowd than when she had first arrived, all bustling about and talking, all in a somewhat worried manner. But among them was the main reason she had come to this village: There was a crying Quarren child, crying in the arms of it's mother.

Ahsoka walked over them and kneeled down to their height to talk to them.

"Hey," Ahsoka said, "What's going on? Are you two okay?"