Chapter 11: The Underwater City

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

The transport submarine descended further into the depths of the oceans of Mon Cala.

Despite what she had told that dock worker back on the surface, she had been here before, during the Clone Wars. On a mission to defend the world from the evil Separatist commander Riff Tamson, she and her Jedi friends had saved the planet's king, King Lee-Char, and united the Quarren and Mon Calamari yet again.

A run-in with the king and his forces wouldn't be so bad. She had good relations with the King, assuming he didn't decide to lick the Empire's boots.

"We have arrived at Mon Cala city," said an announcer over the intercom, as the submarine suddenly jolted a little, signifying it had docked to something. "Please disembark the vessel. Next stop is..."

The intercom kept blabbering as Ahsoka and some of the other passengers got off the sub, and into a pressurized hallway, which was part of a tourist center.

Ahsoka was headed to some residential district, not the average tourist destination, so she would need to go scuba diving.

She went to the nearest depressurization chamber and but on her oxygen mask.

"Going for a swim already?" a tour guide said from behind her.

"I have someone to see," Ahsoka said. "I'm not exactly on a tourist trip."

Ahsoka folded up her robe and put it in a locker. She remembered these kinds of lockers were normally used at amusement parks for accessories someone didn't want to keep on them on a ride. You had to pay credits to open them, but she doubt she'd need it again. She could just leave it there, which was illegal, but she herself was practically illegal at this point so it didn't matter.

The only problem with wearing no cloak was that the lightsabers clipped to her belt were in plain sight, and that everyone would know who she was.

Normally, she would just rent a sub for this kind of thing, but she was just going to the next building over, so she wouldn't bother. To get to the Quarren settlement, on the other hand, was a different story.

She closed the door to the chamber, and the room filled up with water. The door to the outside opened in front of her.

She had been wearing her Seaglide on her back like a backpack, so she took it out and used it to zoom through the water.

It was an exhilarating feeling, one she hadn't felt since her last time on Mon Cala. The water rushed against her skin as she glided through the water.

She looked around her and saw a thriving underwater metropolis, with submarines instead of speeders,  and pipes filled with water pumped countless Mon Calamari to their destinations.

She drove herself down into the entrance to the building she was going in. It was going to be kind of awkward, checking in to an apartment building while underwater.

A/N: Sorry about the whole "Seaglide" thing, I know I ripped that from Subnautica. I just wanted to get the point across as to what it was, and it sure is a heck of a lot easier than saying... uh... *checks Wookieepedia article* "Underwater Turbo Sled Pike." SO, yeah, I hope you can forgive me for that.