Epilogue: Still Searching

FOUR YEARS LATER

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

So much had happened.

Lux reached knighthood in near-record time, finally making way for Katooni, who Ahsoka near-immediately took in as her next Padawan.

The trickle of new Jedi into the Order had nearly halted, as the information on the wherebouts of force-sensitive children became increasingly dated. Sometimes, one of thenew Jedi would show up, only to find out that the family had departed from the original location. And while sometimes they were able to find and follow a trail to the child anyways, most of these children were toddlers by this point.

The Empire's fist was still clenched around the Galaxy. Cracks were starting to show, however, as word reached the New Jedi Order that none other than Saw Gerrera was leading a partisan group against the Empire, and rebel groups had formed to toss the Empire off of their planets. Said rebellions, however, were likely doomed to fail, but that made Ahsoka consider: was Barr right?

However, not all was dread and gloom at the New Jedi Order. The old husk of the Republic cruiser had been fully converted to their new home, with the only similarity it shared with it's old self was it's general shape.

Aletta had already showed very strong potential in the force. Ahsoka and Lux had already seen the birth of three more children: The twins Rex Bonteri and Satine Bonteri, a boy and a girl respectively, and her newest child, Raava Bonteri, a girl.

Unlike Aletta, both Rex and Satine possessed Lekku and Montrails, however, their skin was nearly human color. Raava, on the other hand, looked a bit more like Aletta, lacking the signature Togruta Lekku and Montrails, with her skin tone only being a few shades lighter than Aletta's.

As for Ahsoka, she spent much of her time meditating: she still sought answers on the whole Daughter thing, but had not heard the voice of the Daughter in quite some time. However, Ahsoka's skill in the force has still improved.

Some of the children taken in as initiates in the Order (as well as some of the older ones, like Verla) had adapted well. Everyone had gotten used to the new way of life, though many were still distraught. The events that lead to the rise of the Empire had given everyone some level of post-traumatic stress.

Ahsoka wondered how she would tell her children about this. Aletta was already learning some parts of the story, such as why the Empire exists and wants them all gone. She even knew the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin. Ahsoka's old master... why, that name never, ever left her mind. There was always that one feeling nagging at the back of her mind that she could just barge in and get him to turn back, but everyone knew that wasn't going to happen. Anakin had become a being held together by nothing more than hatred and metal.

Ahsoka was sitting on her bed, playing with Raava. Lux was outside with Aletta, Satine, and Rex.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Ahsoka said.

The door opened, and it was the other Rex, her loyal friend throughout the Clone Wars.

He had begun to visibly age due to his growth acceleration. Not all of his days were spent here at the New Jedi Order, as sometimes he'd hide out on a farm somewhere else in the Galaxy, sometimes with Lyda.

"Okay," Rex said, "I just got a lot of news that you are definately going to want to hear. Me and Bail Organa's team have intercepted, like, four very important transmissions from the Inquisitors."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Ahsoka asked. "Let me in on it."

"Okay," Rex said, "Like, three of them are from Shili, too, so that's definately something you'd be interested in."

That stood out like a sore thumb. Shili was Ahsoka's homeworld, yet she had very little recollection of it and hasn't visited since.

"So what's going on there?" Ahsoka continued.

"Well," Rex said, "It seems there's a rebellion brewing on the planet. Apparently, several groups locals are planning revolt."

"Really?" Ahsoka said. "Why does that matter to the Inquisitors? They don't really put down local rebellions unless it's either out of control or they're on a Jedi's trail."

"Well," Rex said, "The first thing is that there's a martial arts prodigy who seems to be a rebel sympathizer that the Inquisitors have identified as a prime target for some reason. We have reason to believe they could be force-sensitive."

"Okay," Ahsoka said, with Raava squirming in her arms. "Who are they?"

"Togruta female, eighteen years old. We've managed to identify them and get their data file. They don't have a criminal record, but a few people she knows have been caught acquiring weapons illegally."

"We've also managed to identify a second target," Rex said. "And it's in the royal family."

"What?" Ahsoka said.

Shili had historically been ruled by a monarchical government. Of course,it still was, but it was largely sidelined in favor of the Republic, and now, the Empire. Such was the case for a lot of local governments.

Raava let out a cooing noise, and Ahsoka stood up and put her in the crib.

"Yeah," Rex said, as Ahsoka dealt with the baby. "He's not in the line of succession or anything. He's the youngest son of a princess, about nine months old. The Inquisitors want to nab him too."

"Oh, the Empire making a move as stupid as pissing off the royal family, just as a rebellion is about to brew? Are they trying to get a revolt to happen? Why am I not surprised."

"The third thing is... well, apparently, there's been a lot of claims of sightings of you on Shili over the past couple of years. You haven't been sneaking off to Shili, now, have you?"

"Probably just some lunatics that want to cause trouble," Ahsoka replied. "And no, I haven't snuck off world without letting anyone know. I always let someone know when I'm leaving the temple, normally Lux."

"Well, apparently the Imps got into a chase with 'you' recently. They said it looked exactly like you, but then... well, someone, probably a commander or something, said to not bother and that it wasn't you. Now, I'm certain this copycat is just someone completely random, but if you can find out more, please do."

"I fail to see the importance of this," Ahsoka replied.

"Tell that to Organa," Rex replies. "He's quite interested in this."

"I'm guessing the last thing isn't from Shili, isn't it?"

"No," Rex said, "but it's more promising than any of the other leads. The Inquisitors just found a Jedi survivor on Bracca."

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N:

Well, after a crud ton of procrastination, I've finished this installation of the series.

I don't know when the next book will be up, but I'll probably have to replay a certain video game before I do so. Which might not be for a while, given I'm hooked on DOOM 2016 and I'm eager to move on to DOOM Eternal. Then again, that probably just means more time to work on my Inquisitor Ahsoka fic.

Also, I'm getting tired of trying to find fanart to make into covers, so I might commission someone to make me new covers (I have a job!), especially for the books I've already published. I might even change the book titles, so that it's like a single-word title like ATLA or TLOK seasons or Madness Combat videos or something. Kriff it, I've got an idea for a better title for the series. Either way, if you know someone I can commission for a cover (and can make one that is good), please let me know.

That's all for now. I'll see you soon.