Chapter 24: Too Easy of a Duel

A/N: Warning, the following chapter contains a LOT of information from the Star Wars canon comic books: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 14, 15, and 16. If you haven't read it, here are the Wookiepedia articles for a brief plot overview so you can actually have some context as to what's going on:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Vader:_Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith_14

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Vader:_Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith_15

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Vader:_Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith_16

I hope you don't mind the context. I promise I'll move to refrencing some less obscure parts of SW from here on out :P

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka went into the building, and carried the kids with her.

She went through the airlock and into the hallway.

The halls were still and silent.

"Well," Ahsoka said to herself, "At least it's not a battalion of Stormtroopers."

Even if it was stormtroopers, she could probably handle them without too much of a problem. They could barely ever hit anything and all Ahsoka had to do was just deflect their blaster bolts and maybe pull off some sick acrobatics while slicing their heads clean off of their bodies.

While walking through the hallway, she thought back to that one time she decapitated four Mandalorians with one move. That also just so happened to be the same day she had first kissed Lux (although it was more of a split-second plan to keep the Death Watch from catching onto her).

"There's gotta be another sub around here somewhere..." Ahsoka said to herself.

One of the force-sensitive kids she was carrying, the Mon Calamari, started to cry a little.

"It's okay," Ahsoka said, her motherly instincts near-instantly kicking in. "It's okay. We're okay. We're gonna be oka-"

There was blaster fire and yelling coming from down the hallway.

"Oh dear," said Ahsoka. "Let's... not go that way."

She turned around and ran in the opposite direction.

She could feel multiple presences. Some of them were familiar, and there were a lot of them. That meant that they were clones.

Why would the Empire still be using clones here? She wondered.

There were also some very strong signatures, signs of force-users present in the building. Thankfully, none of them felt too powerful, so Vader wasn't one of them, which was almost relieving for Ahsoka, although she knew at worst she'd have to face off with an Inquisitor. But she's done that before, and she wasn't afraid to do it again. Especially since she wasn't pregnant this time.

She ran through hallway after hallway, but she had utterly no idea where to go.

"Oh who am I kidding," Ahsoka said, "Where am I even going!? I'm lost, I have no idea where I'm going, and-"

She then felt a presence approaching her, as well as hearing some footsteps.

"Kriff."

She bolted down another hallway to the left and hid behind a structural support.

"Stay quiet," Ahsoka whispered to the kids."

They failed to do so, and the Mon Calamari child's crying only grew louder.

"Who's there?" a voice said, and the footsteps only continued approaching.

She could sense that the approaching person was a Force-user, and was emanating a dark and cold aura, which could only mean one thing: This was an Inquisitor.

Ahsoka tried desperately to shush the child, but by now, the Inquisitor had likely caught onto their presence.

It seemed there was only one option.

Ahsoka gently set the kids down, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

She moved her hands to her lightsabers.

She could hear the Inquisitor's lightsaber ignite.

Ahsoka opened her eyes and sprung out from behind the structural support, igniting her lightsabers.

She bounced off the wall, and the Inquisitor barely had enough time to block the attack.

The Inquisitor appeared to be a Gray-skinned humanoid.

"Well, well, well," said the Inquisitor, as their blades grinded against each other. "Looks like I found an extra prize. Wait until Lord Vader hears that Sixth Brother has captured the Ahsoka Tano. I'll be famous for sure."

Ahsoka force pushed him back.

"I wouldn't be too sure," Ahsoka continued.

She used the force to push the Sixth Brother backwards.

Then, they charged at each other, Ahsoka's white blades shining a pure white, Sixth Brother's red saber swiftly spinning.

The two blades met, and Ahsoka's blades sliced into the hilt of Sixth Brother's lightsaber.

His hilt now sputtering, Ahsoka leaped backwards away from the Inquisitor.

"Hah!" said Sixth Brother. "Is that all you got!?"

His lightsaber began to sputter and make some searing noises.

"What?" Sixth brother said, looking at his lightsaber hilt, which began to glow red hot.

"Oh." he said. It was too late for him to do anything about it. His lightsaber exploded, killing him instantly.

Ahsoka, having barely broken a sweat, turned off her sabers.

But then, she felt another presence come up on her.

"You should not be here, Lady Tano," a male voice said.

She turned around to see a hooded figure.

The voice sounded vaguely familiar, but she couldn't just put her hand on who it was.

It certainly wasn't someone she knew well, the cloak reminded her of Master Kenobi, but the voice obviously wasn't his, not to mention that he wouldn't have any good reason for leaving Tatooine and coming out to Mon Cala, of all places.

"I'm sorry for... getting you into this mess," the figure said. "But... I think I can make it up to you. But we do not have much time. He grows near."

"Who... who are you?" Ahsoka asked.

The figure took off his hood, revealing an Iktochi male with his right horn cut off.

"The name is Ferren Barr," he said. "And I can't say I was expecting you here."

A/N: I should probably tell you that I'm going to be at a summer camp for the next two weeks, and I won't be able to access the internet at all for that time. In other words, no new chapters for the next two weeks. Which sucks, since I just got a decent wave of inspiration...

No matter. I might be able to fit in another chapter for my other fic A Hero Lost before I go, but after that, it's full-on Bravo Six going dark. So I guess I'll see you in two weeks. Have a nice day.