Chapter 5: A Seeker's Duty

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka sat in front of the holocron that contained the names of Force-Sensitive children throughout the Galaxy.

Ahsoka had taken it from the Temple during a desperate attempt at saving the Jedi Order (which had succeeded) and listed the names of countless future Jedi.

It was the only thing ensuring the Order would have younglings for now, but once it became outdated there was no telling how they'd be able to get new recruits.

She closed her eyes, reached out through the Force, and the holocron opened.

Countless names were displayed, a few of which had already been inducted into the New Jedi Order.

Ahsoka extended her hand and started searching through the list, still with her eyes closed. This was how she always did it, let the force guide her to her next pick, since the list was just too extensive to randomize it.

She stopped searching through the names, and opened her eyes.

There were not one, but two results: A Mon Calamari and a Quarren, both about two years old.

She smiled. She had found her next Jedi.

It had been this same holocron that had got her into trouble with Cad Bane, and almost ended up getting ejected into space. She and her master had to rescue force-sensitive babies from Mustafar, the very place Obi-Wan said he left Anakin burning at the side of the lava river.

Now that she wasn't pregnant anymore (at least for now), she no longer had to worry about straining herself too much. She could go on regular missions again, and be able to put up a good fight against anyone she had to come against.

A mission to Mon Cala would not be easy, however. The oceans were treacherous. Go too deep, you die from pressurization. Not to mention all the countless scary leviathans that lay in the deepest depths of the planet's waters. She wondered how the Mon Calamari and Quarren both managed to survive being eaten by a bigger fish. There was always a bigger fish, and certainly fishes bigger than the average humanoid.

Then again, she was a Togruta, and despite the predatory Akul dominating the planet's food chain, her species had managed to oust those predators from their position against all odds. It wouldn't be surprising if it had happened somewhere else. Not to mention she had already been to Mon Calamari before, and would likely still be on good terms with King Lee-Char, unless he died or became loyal to the Empire (which would be very much unlike him). Either that or the Imperials would have made his power irrelevant.

Either way, there was no way it could go worse than how it did on Mirial. She didn't really like to think about that failed excursion, but at least it lead to them caturing the Holt.

She then entered the details about the children onto a holoprojector, so she could view them on the go.

Hopefully the children had not been moved from their original homes, or else she would have to search the whole planet for them.

But at least there were two, so she had a higher chance of bringing home at least one.

Suddenly, Lux entered the room.

"Hey, 'Soka," he said. "I was wondering where-"

He looked and saw Ahsoka sitting in front of the holocron, which then closed shut.

"I'm sorry," Lux continued. "I didn't just interrupt your meditation, did I?"

"Not really," Ahsoka replied. "I just finished tracking down the next set of younglings to pick up."

"Oh," he replied, "more of that 'Seeker' stuff?"

"Well," Ahsoka said, "It's a Seeker's duty to bring new younglings to the Jedi Order. I'm the only one who has ready access to these holocrons. And besides, I'm not the only one doing the seeking, I send people on these duties as well. Wait, why am I explaining this, You know this!"

"Well," he replied, "what's the next target?"

"Two younglings on Mon Cala," Ahsoka said. "I'm going myself, it's been a while since I've done a solo mission."

"Uh, you can't breathe underwater," Lux said.

"And?" Ahsoka said. "It's not like diving suits don't exist."

"There are people here who can breathe underwater," Lux continued.

"Eekar's the only one old enough to do this seeking duty, and he's not trained with this stuff. If the child doesn't trust him, he may not know what to do."

"But-"

"No," Ahsoka cut him off, "that one time with Ezra was a stroke of luck."

"Well at least bring me with you!"

Lux had a nasty habit of pulling that card. He never wanted to be away from his dearest 'Soka, and would fall back to requesting to come with her on the mission if he couldn't get her to stay.

"No," Ahsoka said. "Someone needs to watch Aletta, remember?"

"You got a point," Lux said. He would never turn down an opportunity to spend some time with his daughter.

"Besides," Ahsoka continued, "I need to take the fighter. I've retrofitted it for stealth using some spare parts as well as some schematics Senator Organa gave me."

"Huh?" Lux said, condused.

"Fighter's been tricked out and shouldn't be detected due to the lack of solid ground to land on,"

"I'm not questioning how Senator Organa gets us all this cool stuff," Lux said. "I think it's best I don't know."

Ahsoka moved in on Lux.

"I'll leave tomorrow. If everything goes right, I'll be home before you know it."

"Well," Lux said, "trouble has a nasty way of following you around."

"Well," Ahsoka said, "That's the consequence of everyone in a tryrannical galactic superstate wanting me dead."

"Oh well, I'm sure it's nothing you haven't dealt with," Lux said, smiling.

The two shared a loving kiss.

After the kiss, Ahsoka picked up the holocron and holoprojector and walked out of the room.

A/N: Completely unrelated note, I've just finished watching WandaVision and HOLY SHIT I CANNOT RECCOMEND IT ENOUGH LIKE SERIOUSLY THAT SHIT IS CRAZY, MAN! LIKE THE FIRST ONE OR TWO EPISODES SUCK BUT THEN IT GETS REALLY GOOD. IF YOU LIKED MANDO AND YOU LIKE MARVEL YOU SHOULD100% WATCH IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

Alright enough fanboying for now, see you in the next chapter I guess lol