Chapter 6: Master and Mother

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka walked into her room to the sound of Aletta crying again.

There was a medical droid tending to the baby, but obviously he was having no luck.

"I have tried everything, but I cannot get her to calm down," the droid said. "She is throwing quite the fuss. Perhaps she could calm down in the presence of her mother?"

"Great idea," Ahsoka replied. "Now get out."

A regular human would have taken that as rude, but the droid couldn't care less, and obliged.

She picked up Aletta from her crib, and held her in her arms.

"Hey," Ahsoka said to her daughter, "It's okay, it's alright. No need to cry, your mother is here for you."

Aletta began to quiet down a little as she rested in her mother's arms.

And then Ahsoka began to sing her a lullaby.

She sang her a traditional Togrutan lullaby in their native tounge. Despite Aletta not knowin any of the words, she fell right to sleep.

After rocking her a little and putting her back into her crib, she got what she came in for, which was just a fruit she wanted to snack on.

Careful not to disturb her sleeping daughter, she quietly exited the room.

She was not expecting Lux to be right outside the door.

Startled, she closed the door behind her.

"Geez, don't scare me like that!" Ahsoka said.

"Oh," Lux said, "I just... I couldn't help but listen to your singing. It's so... angelic."

"You think everything about me is angelic," Ahsoka replied.

"Well, I'd most certainly mistake you for an angel if I didn't know what a Togruta was."

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Lux," she said, "You must've gotten a concussion when you fell for me."

"And?" he replied.

Ahsoka sighed. The fact that he was so silly and dumb only made him cuter.

"Well," Ahsoka continued, "for some reason, your stupidity only makes you more cute. So consider yourself lucky."

"I always did. I'm also lucky to have her," he said, looking at the door to their room.

Ahsoka took a bite out of the fruit she grabbed in the room.

"She's a real treasure, isn't she?" Ahsoka said after swallowing her bite, smiling. "Also, didn't we have a conversation like this one earlier today after I was done meditating?"

She took another bite.

"We're allowed more than one conversation a day, 'Soka," he said, laughing. "I honestly just want to know how you think she'll be like when she grows up."

Ahsoka swallowed her bite.

"Kind," she said, "and strong, like her parents."

"I'm not stro-"

"Yes you are," Ahsoka interrupted, "you just haven't been trained to your fullest capacity yet. Also, I wasn't done talking."

"Well then, by all means, continue!" Lux said.

"Well," she continued, "she's force-sensitive, we know that much. We gave her the test. She'll be a strong Jedi knight, probably even a Jedi master. And I'll ensure she's taught well, and I'll protect her until my dying breath."

"When do you think she'll get a boyfriend?" Lux asked, somewhat jokingly.

"Oh, Lux," Ahsoka said, rolling her eyes again. "I don't care who she loves, just so long as they treat her well in return. I don't care if it's a man, a woman, or anyone under any sort of label. After all, I do kinda like girls too."

If Lux had a drink in his mouth, he certainly would have spit it out.

"You're Bisexual!?" He yelled.

"Got a problem?" she replied with a smirk.

"Okay, let me rephrase that. You're Bisexual and you never told me!?"

"I've been dropping hints on you for months, Lux! Maybe if you'd stop choking on your stupidity you would've realized."

"Geez," Lux said, still shocked. "Way to drop the bomb."

"I... don't know if that was appropriate," Ahsoka said, "but I had to tell you somehow."

"Oh, 'Soka," he said, "this changes nothing. I still love you!"

He gave Ahsoka a big hug, and Ahsoka laughed, nearly dropping her fruit.

"Oh, Lux," she said, getting out of the hug. "If I had a credit for every time you gave me a compliment, I'd be able to by the entire Imperial navy."

"Well then, do it!" he said.

Ahsoka smiled and rolled her eyes again. Sometimes her husband was just too stupid for his own good.

A/N: Surprise! Plot twist! hehehe... *nervous laughter*

Dear god do I hope I pulled that off right. I'm not LGBT at all so I have no idea what it's like to come out so I may accidentally fall into one of the many pitfalls of cishets writing about LGBT people. Either way, the idea of Ahsoka being Bi REALLY grew on me and I just had to incorporate it. I didn't know if it was appropriate, hence the "I don't know if that was appropriate" line. So, uh... did I do something wrong? I wanted to pull this out of the bag but I didn't want to do it wrong, but I had to do it at some point. So sorry if I F'ed up big time.

Also, can't be bothered to actually write the lullaby that was mentioned, lol. Far too lazy for that.

Anyways, until next chapter, I guess.