Chapter 9: The Water World

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

The fighter came out of hyperspace in front of Mon Cala, the world that was her destination.

It was pretty much directly opposite the Galaxy from the planet the Jedi Camp was on, and the fighter certainly was not as comfortable as she would have liked. Thankfully, hyperspace travel made it possible to travel across the galaxy in... well, less than a few thousand years.

The planet was nearly entirely covered in water, which was, of course, going to make it a little harder for her and her alone. Most of the habitats on the planet were under the water.

Of course, there were ways for air-breathers to make their way around. Submarines and air-filled habitats were commonplace, and one could navigate a few major cities almost entirely through air-filled corridors. And worst comes to worst, you could always wear a dive suit and have a handheld submersible propeller (occasionally nicknamed a "Seaglide") at hand. 

Of course, that wasn't going to be enough to resist blaster fire, or worse, being eaten by an underwater leviathan. There was always a bigger fish, after all.

Geez, she wasn't even sure if her lightsabers would be enough against leviathans. She just hoped she never had to go deep enough to encounter one.

She came in for a landing at what appeared to be a surface dockyard or starport, making sure her ship's signature was cloaked.

She landed in what appeared to be some sort of scrapyard, and got out of her ship.

She already had a dive suit on under her cloak, and an oxygen mask clipped to her belt near one of her lightsabers. She also had a Seaglide and an oxygen tank strung across her back.

She walked around on the dockyard, which was constructed in the classic Mon Calamari-style architecture.

She walked out of the scrapyard, force-jumping over a fence.

"Huh?"

Uh-oh. She had caught someone's attention.

"Who goes there?"

Ahsoka quickly tried to scuttle away, but she had already been noticed.

"Tourist!" said a brown Mon Cala male. "What are you doing here? If you're trying to take a submarine, then you're in the wrong spot. That's on the other side of this port."

"Sorry," Ahsoka said. "This is my first time visiting."

"Well, that doesn't explain what you're doing at a scrap yard." He said. "You didn't get that scuba gear from in there, did you?"

"No," Ahsoka replied, "I brought it with me on the transport."

"Well, I better tell you where the subs are," replied the Mon Calamari dock worker. "Go down that way and take a right. Though if you've somehow ended up here trying to get there, You'll probably end up in the Abyss somehow."

"What?"

"Nah just kidding," Said the worker. "Pretty sure you'd know how to get out of the abyss if you got in there somehow. Just go straight up and don't get eaten."

"Well," Ahsoka said, "I guess I'll be on my way," she said.

"Very well then, Enjoy your stay on Mon Cala, I guess."

"Thanks," Ahsoka said.

"Darn tourists," she heard the worker mumble. "Always find some way to get into trouble."

She went across the dock, and got onto a sub heading to Mon Cala city. That was where she'd hopefully find her first youngling. From there she'd have to head to a nearby Quarren settlement to find the next.

She hoped that she wouldn't have to deal with any sea monsters or stormtroopers. Either one wouldn't be very good.