4• Echoes

Written by Chocolatey__Queen

☸☸☸☸

Neylan's POV

Sitting on the roof and watching the sky at night, was something I couldn't stop. It was an instinct thing, an unexplainable need, I felt lively doing so. I was doing it again that night, making sure my büyükanne was fast asleep.

It was a dark night. There was something in the night unexplainable, howling echoes in the air, traveling whispers, something was dark that night. A strange feeling of euphoria with the blender of torment.

I wasn't staring at the sky today. I was sitting there, observing this strange darkness of the night. I knew something was not right. Something with the night was not right.

A fast blow of wind stretched my hair in the air, making me shiver at this unknown chilly breeze. I sucked a sharp breath in, trying to understand those whispers who were traveling in the air.

"Holy water cannot help you now

See, I have to burn your kingdom down

And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out

I'm gonna raise the stakes

I'm gonna smoke you out"

My brows creased together with confusion. Those whispers were singing a song. I knew those lyrics.

"Seven devils all around me

Seven devils in my house

See, they were there when I woke up this morning

I'll be dead before the day is done"

I thought to open my eyes but I didn't, it would break the trance and vision would end, without giving me what those whispers wanted to tell. I made a tight fist as sweat drops appeared on my temples and started to fall. The blow of wind again hit hard at my face as the whispers echoed.

"And now all your love will be exorcised

And we will find you saying it's to be better now

And it's an even sum

It's a melody