5• Monster

Writer

Writer. high_on_heels

☸☸☸☸

Kicking the door open of his penthouse, Hakan dragged his feet towards the couch that was positioned in the middle of the room.

Tripping several times on his way, he ultimately made it to his destination and slumped over it. He groaned profoundly and rubbed his eyes repeatedly. He was exhausted.

During the day, Ahmet kept him busy with work at home while at night the nightmares and voices haunted him. He was a mess. His whole body was aching. He felt hammering pain at the right side of his head indicating that he will soon be hit with a migraine.

Hakan was mentally and physically exhausted. His mind was performing tricks on him even when he was fully aware that there was no one. His whole life he always believed in being practical. He barely believed in things that he could see but suddenly he was hearing voices, seeing things that no one else could, and feeling watchful dread eyes on him all the time.

Even when he was working, he felt like someone was watching him with their dead eyes. The feeling was awful but upon inspection, he couldn't find anyone. But it didn't explain how he could see his dead friend. Why did someone want to play such a cruel joke on him? Trying to scare him by using his dead friend who was very dear to him? But deep down in the bottom of his heart, he had an inkling feeling that this situation was not a joke or prank. There was something dark and agonizing.

But why did he believe that? Why did it take him a moment to throw away his strong beliefs about ghosts do not exist? What had made him walk away from the facts. Why was he being irrational? Maybe it was all in his mind or maybe someone was secretly drugging him.

Even though there were all the other options on the table why his heart didn't believe anyone of it. Is this his guilt talking to him? Is this what made him think that he was being haunted?

The sudden knock on the door interrupted Hakan's train of thoughts. He opened his cold eyes, turning around he eyed the door with an unbearable expression. Only thought in his mind was 'Should open the door?' His conscience mocked him, his heart was filled with terror of what happened last night.

Last night someone had knocked on the door. He was already awake as the voices didn't let him sleep. Upon hearing the knocking, he was grateful that maybe Bazil had come to visit him or even Ahmet.

Not forgetting be had to deal with Ahmet who brought with him a pile of questions and a good admonishment of course.

Without another thought, he rushed towards the main door and opened it with a satisfied smile on his face. But the moment he opened the door, he regretted it. The smile wiped off his face while his eyes widen in shock.