11• Fear

Written by: easternbirdiee

*****

Knock me down
All the demons creeping in, no
Another round trading
shots with my ego

Runnin' can't help me now
Your chains only drag me down

I've battled hard with the face in the mirror
Every scar makes me dig down deeper

The most deadly emotion in the whole world. It can kill you without giving any disease, any painful wound, and any paralyzed limb; nothing but the fear. It secrets in your body and flows like an injected fluid. Process its impact within moments and leave its effect for a while or a lifetime. It nurtures within you and rotates you until you start to lose your breaths.

That early evening wasn't unusual. Thundering clouds were delivering their message that they don't care about the people. The unmeasured lightning sparkled for a while and illuminated the whole place, with its deadly sound.

The car was running on the road through the fast blow of air. After completing the work of almost a month she was heading back home. Istanbul's weather wasn't different today although it seemed a bit terrified too. One thundering sound was enough to make anyone jump at their place due to fear. However, she didn't seem attentive at all. Keeping her angry yet blank eyes on the screen of the iPad she was silently reading the written updates.

The photos of her and Hakan had been viral by the media. It was her profession that she chose willingly. These things weren't bothering her. Her only concern was, her name was being taken with Hakan, and Hakan with a girl, which was bothersome.

Since last night that news had been rolling like a ball. She also ignored that even it was related to work, but here, she was being considered as his girlfriend who would be with him just a few times, or god knows what nonsense.

She slid aside the iPad to look outside. Her eyes were silent holding a bunch of words and thoughts. She never expected how far that job would take her.

A simple girl who started to see visions, and fate brought her towards those people as well. These people were difficult to understand, especially Hakan was a hectic one. Above all Esana's matter was irking. She again reminded that vision which she got this morning. That blood-staining white shirt, losing consciousness, being faint, and the evil victorious smile of Esana.

She closed her eyes and put her hand over them. Since morning her head was aching. By then it had become severe. When another thundering sound startled her to realize she has just gotten slept. Looking at the dark sky something scared her, a fear was popping inside to warn them about the upcoming danger.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Entering inside the house with her luggage trolley bag with lazy tired stride, laughing voices stopped her in midway. Anonymous voice still seemed so familiar.