3

Elise pov

I hesitated. I didn't know if I wanted to open it. What if there's something terrifying inside?

After a few seconds of thinking about it, I opened the box. There were some random objects inside. I saw a pen, a queen of hearts with the words "I'm sorry" written on the back, a feather and a ring. I had the feeling I had seen this ring before but I don't know where. I was dissapointed in what I found. I mean why was it even locked if this is what is inside?

That was what I thought until I saw you could remove the bottom. Obviously, that is what I did. I looked inside and saw a bunch of old photo's and opened letters. I decided I would go trough the letters later and looked at the photos first. On the first one there was a woman. She was standing next to a tree, laughing at something. When I looked closer I noticed she looked familiar. Wait no, scratch that, she looked exactly like me. She had the same hazel eyes and the same wavy Brown hair. I am a little freaked out but I keep looking at the other photo's. Then there was a photo with a man and the same woman from the first one. I recognize him too. I look at the back of the picture and there are names and a date.

"Henry Angelo and Elizabeth Harper, 1938" I read at loud. Okay now I am freaking out. The people I have been dreaming about are real and it if she as alive in this year, Elizabeth and I could have been twins.

I decided I was done with the pictures so I wouldn't freak out more and started looking at the letters. They all looked the same except for the last one. It was written in a different handwriting and looked like it hadn't been send. The letter also had stains on it. They looked like tearstains. Now I really wanted to know what was in this letter. I opened the letter and started reading.

Dear Henry,

Today would have been the day we would have become husband and wife.
If only the world wasn't so cruel...

It's been months since you died, but I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop thinking about you and it's only so much worse today. I keep thinking about what would have hapened if you hadn't died.
Would we have a family in the future. Would we have childeren and what would we name them? It all doesn't seem to matter now. Nothing seems to matter now you're gone.

I decided to write this letter to you in hope that the pain would go away, but I have a feeling it won't work.
Sometimes I still hear your voice. You tell me things like "everything will be okay." or "we'll see each other again one day." Sometimes it feels as if you're still here. That makes me think I'm crazy, because I saw how you were killed, I saw you take your last breath and maybe that's why I can't stop crying when I hear someone say your name.

My father is already talking to me about marrying some rich guy in the future, but I don't think I can ever marry someone that's not you.

I will always love you,
Elizabeth.

When I was done reading the letter I was in tears. It was so sad. Why would someone kill Henry? I don't know a lot about him, but from what I saw in my dreams, he was kind and a gentleman. I didn't see a reason for him to be killed. Then a tought struck me. They didn't even get married. This killer was a real asshole. He didn't even let them get married and he killed him infront of his true love. I get why she was so sad when she wrote that letter.

I looked trough the other letters, but they were just love letters from Henry to Elizabeth. I would read them later.

Now I actually want to know how Henry was killed and if they caught the killer. My thoughts were interupted by a sound in the hallway. It was right next to my door, but when I went to look what it was. I saw nothing.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hyy, it's me again.

I know that it's already chapter 3 and the ghost hasn't really been in the story, but I promise that he will make an apearance next chapter.

Me