12

Pov Elise

It's been three days since Henry disappeared and weirdly enough, I already miss him a lot. I was in school and I was talking to Cassie about it, like I had been since the day he disappeared, when she said something that took me by surprise.

"You like him." She says.

"No I don't." I say a little to quickly.

It's true, I don't like him that way. I just missed him, because he was my closest friend here and because of the way he left, right?

"Sure you don't. 'Cause you totally haven't been complaining about how much you missed his dirt brown hair that sometimes hangs before his beautiful forest green eyes that you can just stare in for eternity and that you miss the weirdly comfortable hugs he gave you and-" She says before I cut her off.

"I never said I could stare in his eyes for eternity." I defended myself.

"Of all things I said. That's where you focus on? The comment about his eyes? Girl you've got it bad." Cassie says.

I just glare at her, but then it hit me like a truck. She was right, I did like him. It was just sad that he had to leave for me to notice. Not that it mattered anyway. He would never like me like that and besides a relationship with a ghost would never work.

"Ah, the moment of realisation. Good job Cassie, if I say so myself." She says while patting herself on the back.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, I just hope he comes back so I can tell him-" This time it was her turn to cut me off.

"That you like him." She says.

"No, not that. I was going to say that I wanted to tell him that it wasn't his fault and that he didn't have to go." I say.

I had told Cassie everything. I also told her about the dreams after Henry left. Speaking about them, I had dreamed one every night. They were just parts of Henry and Elizabeth together and they sure as hell didn't help the fact that I missed Henry.

~~~~

School was over and I went home. I hoped that when I opened the door to my home, Henry would be inside, but like the other two days he wasn't there. What wasn't like the other two days though, was that someone was in the living room. When I saw who it was, I hugged him as tight as possible. It was my cousin, Hendrick. He hugged me back just as tight.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that he was here. I was just surprised, because he lived a two hour drive away from here and I hadn't seen him for so long before we moved either.

"I heard my favourite cousin was a bit down lately and I came to cheer you up, plus we haven't seen each other in a long time." He says.

"I'm your only cousin Hendrick." I say.

"Yes, but even if you weren't, you would still be my favourite." He says as we let go of each other and sit on the couch.

"I know." I say.

"So tell me, what happened since the last time I saw you." He asked me.

I tell him everything from the move 'till now. Of course I left out the dreams, the box and the fact that Henry is a ghost, changed the way Henry and I met and changed the reason he left, so it would make sense.

"That's a lot, but if the reason you're down is this Henry guy, then he doesn't deserve you if he ever comes back." Hendrick says.

"Thanks, but I think that his reason to leave was valid, so I'll give him another chance if he comes back. I just wish he let me talk before he left." I tell him.

"You'll figure it out. You always do. And you know why?" He asks.

"No. Why?" I ask.

"Because you're Elise Heart and if there is one thing that you're good at, it's figuring things like this out." He reassueres me.

"Thanks." I say.

"I have something else to tell you too." He says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I didn't just come here to cheer you up. I came here to tell you that I have a job as an English teacher at the local high school, so I'll be moving closer to here. I'm staying here until then, because I start tomorrow." He says.

"That's great. Congratulations. Now we will probably see each other almost every day. You should have started with that news if you wanted to cheer me up." I tell him.

Hendrick was a few years older than me. He graduated earlier this year and has been looking for a job since then. I'm actually excited that he found a job and it was even better that it was close by.

"If I had known you would react that way I would have." He says to me.

Hendrick and I just hung out after that until it was time to go to bed. He went to our guest room and I went to mine. I took out the pictures of Henry and Elizabeth that were in the box.

"I hope you come back soon." I say and went to sleep after I put the picture back in the box.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hy people,

Tell me what you think about the story. I know some family members randomly show up and that they were never mentioned before, but they are important in the story one way or another and as far as I know Hendrick is the last one (exept for a few that will just be mentioned but not really important)

Have a great day,

Adios,

me