5

Elise pov

I woke up, on time today, for once. I got ready and went downstairs to eat breakfast and go to school. When I got downstairs I suddenly remembered Henry. I hope I get to see him before school. My hopes were answered when I walked into the kitchen and saw him standing there. My parents were already at work so I wouldn't have to worry about them hearing me talking to Henry.

"Good morning." He says.

"Hy." I say while I started making breakfast.

"Are you planning something today?" He asks suddenly.

"Going to school, why?" I ask him

"I'm bored and now I found someone to talk to, I thought you could cure my boredom." He says. He looked kind of sad about it, until his face lit up.

"I'm going with you." He says.

"what?" I ask in total disbelief of what he just said.

"I said: I'm going with you. I won't be bored again." He says.

"Aren't you bound to one place or something like that?" I ask him.

"No, I just decided to stay here when I became a ghost. Why would you think ghosts are bound to one place?" He asks as if what I said was stupid.

"I don't know. I probably read it in a book once or saw it in a movie" I answer him. It was the truth. I really don't know why I thought that ghosts are bound to one place.

"Don't believe the movies then." He says while laughing a little.

"Alright I won't, but you have to tell me how it works then. By the way I have to go or I'll be late." I told him.

When I arrived to school I saw Cassie waiting for me. I went over to her and we started walking to our first class.

"Did anything happen last night to prove that your house is haunted or is it really just a rumor that some stupid kid started?" Cassie asks.

I don't understand what her obsession is with my home being haunted. I glanced at Henry and saw he was giving me a smug look because of Cassie's question. I rolled my eyes at him before I replied to Cassie.

"No, there are no ghosts." I tell her.

I don't know why I don't want to tell her, but I guess it's just because I don't really know her. Henry looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"Then what am I? Your next door neighbour?" He asks me, his voice full of sarcasm.

I tried not to laugh and gave him a look that told him to shut up. He just laughs at me, wich makes it harder for me to hold back my laugh.

"Why do you want to know anyway?" I ask Cassie.

"I don't know. I guess it would just be cool to meet a ghost." she says.

"Well, your wish is fulfilled now" Henry tells her. Of course she can't hear him and I'm not going to repeat that so she knows what he said. Especially not after I just told her that there was no ghost.

"I'll tell you when I see one" I say to her. Maybe I would tell her later about Henry.

"Shouldn't you tell her now then? I mean I'm here and I'm a ghost. Unless you don't want her to know. That would mean that you're lying to her. Oh no, I'm talking to a liar. I do not -"

"Shut up" I whisper to him. I hope Cassie hadn't heard me.

"Did you say something?" Cassie asks me.

"No, I didn't." I say, hoping she won't press it.