14

pov Elise

I go to the hall to look if I can find what I saw by my doorframe, but there was nothing. I decide to walk a little further down the hall and then I saw him standing there.

Henry.

Was it really him or was my mind playing tricks on me? I didn't dare to blink, afraid that he would disappear if I did.

"Are you really here?" I ask after I was pretty sure it was real, but I needed confirmation.

"Yes. Well, as far as a ghost is really anywhere." He says.

I run up to him and hug him as tight as I can. Henry hugs me back just as tight. It was as if we hadn't seen each other in years while, in reality, it was only a week. I was so glad he was back. We went to my room so we could sit down and talk instead of standing in the hallway where anyone could pass. Henry went to sit in a chair by my bureau while I sat on my bed.

"So what was that I saw a few minutes ago? I'm gone for a week and you're already replacing me with some other guy?" He says jokingly.

I rolled my eyes. He was back for five minutes and I already had to roll my eyes at him. I can't believe it.

"I didn't replace you, that was my cousin and even if I did, you were gone and for a moment there, it looked like you wouldn't come back." I say.

"I wasn't planning on comming back at first, but I missed you and I realised that I never asked what you wanted." He says.

"Well, it's a good thing you realised that, 'cause I didn't want you to go. I wanted to tell you that it wasn't your fault and that I didn't care, because the past is the past and you can't change it." I say.

"Thank you. So you didn't miss me or you didn't hear me when I said that?" He asks.

I had skipped over the part where he said he missed me just to mess with him.

"No, I didn't miss you." I say.

"Not even a little bit?" He asks.

"Not one bit." I say.

"Then I'll go somewhere where they apreciate me. Have a good night." He says and stands up.

"No wait, stay." I say quickly.

"So you did miss me." He says smugly.

I roll my eyes again.

"Of course I missed you, you dumbass." I say.

"I know. I just wanted to hear you say that you missed me." He says.

"Where did you go anyway?" I ask him.

"Everywhere, but most of the time I was at the graveyard, talking to other ghosts to pass the time." He says.

"Are there ghost in every graveyard?" I ask him.

"Of course, why wouldn't there be?" he asks in return.

"I don't know. It's just that you're the only ghost I've ever seen." I say to him.

"You've never seen a ghost? Other than me, that is." He asks.

"No, never." I say.

"Would you be able to see other ghosts than me now that you've seen one?" He asks me.

"I don't know." I reply.

"We should test that, but you have to go to sleep now. You have school tomorrow and I don't want to be the reason you fall asleep in that one class where you have a bulldog of a teacher." He says while laughing.

I didn't want to go to sleep. I was to scared he would be gone once I wake up again.

"You'll still be here when I wake up right?" I ask Henry.

"Right here on this chair, I promise." He says and with his reassurance, I fall asleep.

~~~~

I woke up again, but this time it was because of my alarm. I slammed the button and sat up only to smile immediately when I saw Henry was still sitting on the chair.

"Good morning." He greets me.

"Morning." I say.

I take my clothes and go the bathroom to get ready. Once I am ready, I go back to my room and take my backpack. Henry was still in that same chair wich was weird, because the chair wasn't really cozy. My butt would hurt if I had to sit on that chair for longer than an hour.

"You know you can leave that chair right?" I ask him.

"I know. I was just waiting for you." He says.

"Thanks." I say.

I went downstairs to see my cousin and my parents were all in the kitchen.

"Greetings and salutations everyone." I say.

"What's got you into such a good mood?" My dad asks me.

"Nothing in particular. It's just a good day." I say, hoping they wouldn't ask any further about it.

"If you say so." He says.

I eat breakfast and then I head to school with Hendrick and Henry was comming too. Hendrick and I parted ways again on the parking lot. I saw Cassie waiting for me.

"You're in a good mood. Let me guess. Henry is back?" She says.

"Yup." I say.

"Wow, you really must have missed me if she knows that I'm back just by seeing you." Henry says.

"Shut up Henry." I say to him.

"Hy Henry, good to know you're back." Cassie says.

"Can you tell her that I'm glad to be back?" He asks me.

"Sure. He says that he didn't want to talk." I say.

He pushes me lightely.

"What was that good for?" I ask him.

"Tell her what I really said." He says.

"Alright. He actually said it was good to be back. Happy now?" I say.

"Very" Henry says.

"I thought so." Cassie shrugs.

The bell went and we went to our first class of the day.

~~~~

School was over and Hendrick still had to do something, so I would have to wait or I would have to walk home. I decide to walk after Henry reminded me that we could stop at the cemetery to test if I could see other ghosts too. We walked there in silence and then we arrived. Henry opened the gates and we went inside. Here goes nothing.

________________________________________________________________

Hy people,

Will she be able to see other ghost too or only Henry? Find out in the next chapter of loving ghost.

A quick thing I need t say is that the updates will be very slow because I have a writers block and kind of forgot about this story. I also decided to read it from the beginning to continue the story better and I noticed how cringe this book really is but I'll continue it anyways.

Have a good day!

Sayonara,

me