15

Pov Elise

I decide to walk after Henry reminded me that we could stop at the cemetery to test if I could see other ghosts too. We walked there in silence and then we arrived. Henry opened the gates and we went inside. Here goes nothing.

"And?" Henry asks me.

"There is no one exept for you and I." I say.

"You can't see Francis?" He asks me.

"Who?" I ask.

"Francis. The guy dressed like it's the year 1870, hanging around by his grave." He says.

"I don't see anyone." I tell him.

"He's good company if you're bored." Henry tells me and then waves at something. I guess it was Francis.

"It is sad then. But this only raises more questions. Why can I only see you and no other ghost?" I ask him.

"Hmmm, no idea. Why can you see me at all?" He says.

"See, another question without an answer." I say.

"Who needs answers anyway? I don't." Henry says.

"Tell that to my math tests." I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

"Touché. Can you stay here? I need to talk to Francis for a second. He seems to want to tell me something, but he's afraid of living people." Henry says.

I laugh at this. How can a ghost be afraid of someone who is alive?

"I know ironic right?" Henry asks me.

"Yes it is indeed and sure, I'll stay here until you're back." I tel him.

"Thanks." He says before going to some grave.

I just stood there awkwardly. I was at a cemetery with no other reason than to just check if I could see ghost that weren't named Henry Angelo and I wasn't even standing near a grave, so if someone came here I couldn't even pretend that I was paying my respects to someone that I loved and died. After five minutes Henry came back to me laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask him.

"Francis heard some people dared someone else to come here tonight and scare them, but Francis thought it would be funny to return their favor and scare them instead." He said smiling.

"Sounds like they deserve it. Wish I could see it." I say.

"They do and you could just come." He says.

"And get scared by other ghost? No, thank you. Plus those people would see me and everything would be ruined." I say.

"I'll tell everyone to leave you alone and it wouldn't be ruined, you could help actually." He says.

"How?" I ask.

I was considering it. It sounded cool to help ghosts scare people just for fun.

"I haven't figured that out yet, but I will." He says.

"If the other ghosts don't mind that I will be here too, then I'll come." I say.

"I'll ask them, but later. You should be heading home, before your parents get worried." He says.

I looked at the time and saw that he was right. We had been here for longer than I thought and I really needed to go home now.

"Let's go." I say.

~~~~

I arrived home and hoped that no one noticed that I came home. Of course, luck wasn't on my side. My parents weren't home yet, so I didn't have to worry about explaining to them, but Hendrick was another story. Sometimes he acted more like an overprotective brother than a cousin, but I didn't mind unless it was on moments like these.

"Where have you been? You left before me, the walk doesn't take this long and I would have had to pass you on my way." Hendrick says.

"I took a shortcut, but I ran into a friend and started talking. Sorry." I say the first thing that comes into my mind.

"Alright. Just text me next time. I was starting to get worried." He says.

"I will." I say and went upstairs.

"I didn't know it was so easy to lie for you. Should I come back to my previous statement about hanging out with liars?" Henry asks.

"Shut up. I couldn't tell him that I was at the cemetery to check if I could see ghosts now could I?" I say sarcastically.

"You're right. Talking about the cemetery, I should talk to the ghost about you being there. I'll be back". He says.

"You better." I tell him jokingly, but I was half serious.

He just chuckled and then disappeared. I decided that this would be the best moment to do my homework since Henry would just keep distracting me.

After a while Henry came back. He had a smile on his face, so I guess he has good news.

"It's fixed. They're going to leave you alone, but you have to help us." He says.

"Okay, what do I have to do?" I ask.

He told me what to do and I agreed. It's not hard and it will scare those people to death. That brings me here at the gate of the cemetery after sneaking out of my house.

I am waiting for them to arrive while I talked to Henry and weirdly enough I'm also talking to some other ghosts. Henry tells me what they said like I do when Henry and Cassie talk. The ghosts were nice, but Francis isn't here. I guess he really is afraid of living people.

After ten minutes the people that we were going to scare came trough te entrance.

"It's showtime." Henry says.

I started running in their direction and acted as if something scared me. Of course they looked up and thought I was crazy, but now it was the ghosts' turn. They would do scary stuff while I just kept running. The plan was working even if it looked like a scene out of a bad horror movie, the people, who I now saw were guys, were scared. Karma is a bitch. We did everything as we discussed until Henry thought it was a better plan to pick me up.

"What are you doing?" I ask him quietly.

"Making it more scary. Scream." He says.

It was the best plan to just go along with it, so I screamed as loud as I could and pretended to try to get out of his grip.
The guys ran as fast as possible the other way. We waited for a few seconds and then startend cheering. Well, Henry and I did since I can't see the other ghosts.

"You're right. That was fun." I say.

"I told you, didn't I?" Henry says.

"But what is going to happen when the guy they send here arrives?" I ask.

"Absolutely nothing." He says.

"Okay." I say.

After approximately half an hour we went home. I snuck back in without a problem and went to sleep right after thinking about how much fun I had with the ghosts.

____________________________

Hy people,

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Have a great day.

Adios,
Me