Memories and Dreams [20-Final Chapter]

"Aargh, c'mon! Where is it...?", you huffed to yourself while hurriedly pushing aside the clothes that hung within your closet. You quickly glanced over toward the bedside clock; 8:45PM. You had only a few more minutes to get changed, or else you'd surely be late. Suddenly, the door to the room opened and in walked in Sal, prosthetic off with his hair nicely combed and loose for today. Not to mention how nice he looked in his outfit, "Hey Y/N! Almost ready? I'm wearing the denim jacket you got me, looks pretty cool, right?", he said while smiling. You smiled back at him, loving how much more confident he had grown in the last two years of being with one another, "You look so cute! I wish I could say the same for me, I'm struggling over here, babe. Have you seen my black dress? I can't find it anywhere!", you told him, clearly agitated.

He perked up instantly and went over towards his side of the bed, pulling out the missing black dress from underneath the bed, "Remember how you said you wanted to get it dry-cleaned? I went last night, sorry for making you worry.", he explained. Your heart skipped a beat, glad to finally have found your beloved dress, but also at the fact that Sal remembered you saying that. He always did things like that, even if you mentioned something briefly he'd keep it in mind for so long, he was more considerate than anyone you've ever met before. "Oh, Sal, what would I do without you?", you lovingly sighed as you planted a kiss upon his scarred cheek, grabbing the dress and pulling it out of the plastic protective covering, "Let me get changed real quick and then we'll be on our way! Can't be late to Larry's first gig with Robert.", you stated while beginning to change.

He sat upon the bed, watching you change, a sight he saw often during the two years of dating you, yet he never grew tired of it. "Yeah, it's really cool Robert asked him to play with his band tonight. Heard the original guitarist got measles or something.", he said with a laugh. You giggled as you turned your back to him, "Hey, mind zipping it up for me?", you asked. He did so, wrapping his arms around your waist afterwards, lovingly embracing you from behind with his head propped up on your shoulder, "I love you, Y/N. You know that, right?", he softly asked.

You felt as if you were still a high school student with her first boyfriend giving her a hug, those butterflies never left. No matter how long the two of you had been together, the same feeling of new young love remained within your relationship. Placing your hands over his, you shut your eyes as you smiled warmly, "Of course I know that, Sally. I hope you know I love you just as much. I can hardly even believe it'll be our second anniversary next month. Time...time really flies, doesn't it?", you responded.

"Definitely. If you told me two years ago that I'd be living in my own apartment with my girlfriend, I don't think I'd ever believe it. I can't....", he paused, voice trembling slightly, "...I never thought someone would ever be able to love me in this way. The fact that a beautiful, sweet, talented girl like you is by my side...", you heard him begin to sniffle, instantly making you turn to face him. "Hey, hey! Don't cry, sweetheart. Your glass eye will get irritated...", you warned him while reaching up to wipe his small tears away, caressing that adorable face of his. He looked down at you, his hand doing the same to your face. He had always loved your skin, the tone, the blush that would appear upon it, the way it had a completely different texture from his own skin, he couldn't help but caress it anytime he could.

"You know, Sal...you always tell me that. 'How did someone like you end up with a guy like me?' ", you said while making eye contact with him, "And...I wish you'd stop. There's nothing wrong with you, Sal. You phrase it as if you're some monster no one could ever love, when that's completely untrue.", you exclaimed in a passionate tone, wanting to get your point across. You furrowed your brows slightly, making that adorable pouting face Sallyface loved so much. He couldn't resist but laugh softly when he saw it, "Okay, okay, sorry Y/N. You know me, just always wondering how I managed to land such a babe.", he playfully teased while pinching your cheeks.

You rolled your eyes and did the same to him before walking over towards your desk chair and grabbing the grey denim jacket upon it, completing your outfit, "Look, now we match! Let's get going before the venue owner closes the doors!". Agreeing, both you and Sal left the bedroom you shared and into the kitchen, grabbing the keys off the counter as you exited your apartment.

• • •

"Y/N! Sallyface! Over here, cmon!", Larry shouted out from across the large group of people attending the show, gesturing for you and Sal to come into the backstage room where the band was getting ready. Holding hands, you both made it across the hoard of people and got to where Larry was. He shut the door once his buddies were inside and gave them a huge smile, "Finally you guys got here! Ash and I have been waiting!". Ashley waved from the couch she sat upon, holding her Polaroid camera in hand, "Did you bring your camera too, Y/N? I'm gonna need some help getting good shots from all angles tonight!", she said with an excited smile. You walked over towards her and pulled out your own camera from your small backpack, "For sure! Your hair looks cute by the way, did you cut it shorter than last time?", you asked. She nodded and ran a hand through her brunette locks, "Yeah, a lot easier to work with.", she said with a smile.

Larry rushed over and placed a hand on your shoulder, "Please tell me you also brought those mock ups of the album cover Robert wanted you to draw for him?", his eyes twinkling with hope. Laughing, you pulled them out and handed it to him, "Tell him he can pay me whatever amount, I don't mind if it's not much. I had a ton of fun working on it.". Sal's arm was suddenly placed around your shoulder, ruffling your hair with his other hand, "Don't be so modest, Y/N! Those drawings you sold to Mr.Addison to hang up in his tea shop were so amazing he gave you $500! Can you guys believe that?", he proudly exclaimed to Ash and Larry.

You blushed and looked up at him, tugging his shirt collar so he'd lean forward enough for you to give him a big old smooch, "Keep it up and you're gonna get it when we get home.", you teased, making him blush as well now. Just as Larry was about to make a fake gagging sound effect, Robert burst through the door, drumsticks in hand, "Larry! We're on in five, get your ass on stage bud!", he called out, "Oh, hey Sal, hey Y/N, you guys finally made it! Careful out there, alright? Don't lose your little lady in the pit.", he warned with a laugh before exiting. The group laughed as Larry hurriedly grabbed his guitar from off the couch, but just as the four of you were about to exit, he stopped in his tracks.

Turning around, you, Sal and ash were confused for a second before he began to speak, "Hey, you guys....not to be all sappy or anything but...thanks for coming. I know Ash has been busy with art school, and I know Sal and Y/N have their own stuff going on too, and so do I. But the fact that we all still make time for each other, still see each other just as much as we did when we were just kids in high school...", he paused before flashing that classic wide, gap toothed smile at the gang, "It's fucking amazing. Let's swear right here, right now, to keep on making these amazing fucking memories together.", he declared. Ashley nodded, adding in her own declaration, "And keep on chasing our dreams, no matter what gets in the way. I believe in all of us.", she firmly stated, those emerald eyes of her glimmering with hope.

As you looked over at your precious group of friends, all those happy and precious memories of the past years flashed within your mind. You swore it felt as if your heart was about to burst with how much love you felt in the moment. You were the first to extend your hand out, Sal's hand following, then Ash's, then Larry's. "To our memories and dreams.", he stated, everyone repeating the phrase at the same time a second time before immersing themselves in a group hug. "Alright, let's get our assess out there and have a kick ass time!", Larry shouted, running out the door with Ashley chasing after him, camera in hand. Sal took ahold of your hand, looking back at you one more time. Once again, just like all those hundreds of other times, you just knew he was smiling at you from underneath his prosthetic. "Ready, Y/N?", he asked. You wasted no time in responding, "Ready, Sally!", you happily exclaimed, the two of you running out together and into the crowd, his hand never letting go of yours.

[ Thank you so much for reading! 💙 If you enjoyed this story, I'm working on a Larry x Reader fanfic, and a Sally Face One shots series! so if you're interested keep an eye out for that! Thank you once again, and have a wonderful day. I hope you all enjoyed my work. ]