Welcome to the Gang [2]

Muffled music came from behind the door of the basement apartment, "Wait, is that...?", Sal interrupted your thought before you could complete it, "Don't worry, we can just walk in. Larry and his mom don't mind, they gave me a basement keycard and let me let myself into their place, they're cool like that." His hand reached for the doorknob and with a loud creak the door opened, revealing the inside of the apartment. "Oh, just like ours. All the apartments must have the same layout...", your gaze shifted around the room as you followed Sal, he was going for the door of his closest friend.

"Larry, I'm coming in, hope you're decent. I've got someone with me.", Sal called out as he opened the door, and as soon as that door was open and the muffled music became clear, your eyes darted towards inside the room, locking onto the person sitting in the raggedy yellow bean bag chair. "SANITYS FALL! You're listening to their most recent album, aren't you!?", you blurted out as you stood in the doorway, not noticing how loud your voice was just now, a goofy excited smile forming upon your face.

Sal jumped a bit at the sudden remark from you, but the person sitting in the bean bag chair was immediately on his feet, hurriedly walking over towards you guys. "Holy shit, you know them? W-what, of course you do! You're wearing their hoodie! I've got their shirt!" the lanky boy exclaimed, gripping the neckline of his shirt and tugging on it, making sure you looked at it.

In all the commotion of your first meeting, Sal hadn't noticed the white SF logo upon your black hoodie, he was too focused on making a good impression, "O-oh, she does have their hoodie, I didn't even realize." Larry looked towards Sal and gave him a friendly, yet hard smack on the back, "Well Sally, aren't you going to introduce me to our new friend? Who the hell is this girl, don't keep her to yourself dude." he joked, making you laugh. Making eye contact with Larry, the short boy glared at him annoyingly, rubbing the spot on his back where he had been smacked, "I'm not, this is Y/N. She just moved in. Same floor as me."

Extending your fist out towards the boy who you now knew was Larry, you gave him a kind smile, running a hand through your hair, "Yep, I'm Y/N. I just got here today, so cool to meet you!" Larry and you shared a fist bump, before he moved out of the way for the both of you to enter his messy but cozy abode, "Come in, you're definitely cool enough to come into my room. Sal's on thin ice though." You chuckled, letting yourself enter the room while Sal rolled his eyes and flipped Larry the bird, making you laugh even more.

As soon as you entered the room the stereo record player caught your eye, as well as the box of records, CDs and cassettes that sat besides it. "Holy shit man, do you mind...?" you asked, looking towards Larry, hoping he'd be kind enough to let you raid his collection. Proudly crossing his arms he nodded, "Go for it, little lady.", he replied, and you wasted no time in falling to your knees and flipping through the impressive collection of music.

Sal went over and lowered the music down a bit before plopping himself into the beanbag, watching you practically drool over Larry's music collection. He let out a small chuckle, amused at how excited you were, "Guess we all have the same taste in music, aye? Your welcome for bringing her, Larry." In response, the tall boy sat upon his bed, laughing at what Sal said, "No kidding man. So, Y/N, like what you see?" Without skipping a beat you instantly replied with an excited, "Uh, yeah! You've got a way bigger collection than I do! All I've got is CDs, I wish I had this kind of combination record player set up, looks like you can play CDs and cassettes on it too, huh?"

Smiling, Larry nodded, "My dad got it for me. I've always loved music, I'm guessing you have too, by the way your eyes are popping out of your skull looking through my collection." Embarrassed, you began to blush, awkwardly rubbing your hand on the back of your neck, sitting down with your knees against your chest besides the record player, "Yeah, heheh, sorry. Didn't mean to totally obsess over your stuff. My bad." , you said as you looked up at Larry, smiling awkwardly. "No worries man, but I hope you know we're totally best friends now. No escaping me now.", Larry joked.