Our First Halloween, and Kiss [11]

[ Hey guys! Author here, sorry it's been a while since I last published but here's an extra long chapter to make up for it! Be warned; this chapter gets a little steamy! ❌❌❌ Art used for this chapter cover by "Junvii" ]]

"O-oh, um, that's really sweet of you, and I'm sure you're a really nice guy but...I don't feel comfortable going to a dance with someone I don't know that well, I'm so sorry!", you spoke, awkwardly smiling at the disappointed but understanding boy in front of you, "Y-yeah, I figured, sorry for being sudden. You can still keep the flower, though. Thanks for letting me down easy, Y/N. See you in class!", and with that the boy waved goodbye and walked down the hall.

With a sigh, you leaned against your locker that was decorated with Halloween stickers, holding the bright red rose within your hand, "The gesture was sweet but, how can someone ask a stranger to a dance? If you're going to ask someone, it has to be someone who means a lot to you, not someone you've never even gotten to know...", you looked down at the flower, admiring it's beauty.

"Yo, Y/N! Let's get to lunch already, what're you doing just standing there?", Larry called out to you with Sal walking besides him, the red rose within your grasp immediately catching his attention, "Huh? Where'd you get that from...?", he asked in a curious tone once the two boys had reached you. Blush returning to your face, you embarrassedly began to explain the situation to them, "U-uh, Larry, you know Holden from English class, right? He uh, asked me to the Fall  Homecoming Dance just now before you guys-", cutting you off, Larry couldn't help but laugh, "W-what? Seriously? He doesn't even know you, that's gutsy! So, did ya say yes?", he asked with an amused smile and a raised eyebrow, his blue haired companion holding his breath to hear your response.

"Holden...",  Sal took note of that name, he'd make sure to remember it in case they tried anything with you again. Giving Larry a shove, you responded, "What? Of course not! I hardly even know the guy! And plus, me at a school dance? That's hilarious. I went to one once and I swore, never again. Those things are so lame.", laughing at the mere suggestion of you accepting the invitation.

"Phew.", Sallyface could finally breathe again knowing you had declined the other boys offer, Larry now speaking up again, "Geez, talk about a heartbreaker. Aye, Sal?", he asked, giving his shoulder a jab. Looking up at Larry and then you, he simply shrugged in an attempt to act causal, "Well, she didn't know him well so of course she said no. I mean, if you're gonna ask someone to a dance you've got to at least know them well, right?", he replied, which you quickly agreed with.

"Yes! Exactly, Sallyface. Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, we're too busy hanging out tonight for me to worry about going dress shopping! It's Hallo-fucking-ween! I'm so excited to see your guy's costumes. Let's go to lunch so we can talk with the rest of the gang about our plans for tonight!", and with that you were off, your two friends walking besides you, chuckling to themselves as they saw how eager you were about tonight's festivities.

Making your way throughout the crowded lunch hall, the three of you finally managed to reach your usual table, you taking the corner seat with Sal sitting besides you, and Larry across from you. Ash sat next to Larry, Maple and Chug besides her, chatting amongst themselves as they usually did. "Hey guys, you going to the Pumpkin Patch later today? Maple and I are gonna go together.", Chug announced, Maple nodding in agreement, "Yeah, they're gonna have free candied apples there and Chug loves those, so of course we have to go.", she added.

Looking over at the adorable pair, Ash smiled, "That sounds like fun guys! But we're going to have to skip the pumpkin patch this year, we're hanging out at Larry's treehouse tonight. That's why we didn't get lunch today, we're saving our appetites for after school.", she explained. Sallyface and Larry both nodded, "Yeah, we're sticking with something casual for this year. Of course though, we've still got costumes , but they're surprises. More fun that way, yknow?", Larry commented, Sallyface adding, "Yeah, with all the crazy shit that's happened so far, we just want something laidback for me and Y/N's first Halloween in Nockfell."