Hang Out Sesh [3]

The first night at the apartment was relatively easy enough, besides the fact that you had to sleep on the floor with nothing but a blanket and your hoodie as a pillow. The same eerie aura of your apartment from when you first entered remained, but eventually you were able to ignore and drown it out by playing music on your CD player quietly besides your makeshift bed.

Morning came a lot faster than you expected, thanks to your mom waking you up at around 6AM to let you know the movers were here. "Did she really have to ask them to come so early?", you internally whined to yourself, putting your shoes on and groggily making your way down to the movers truck. You glanced over at Sal's door before you made the trip down, wondering what he was doing, "He's still sleeping, obviously, dumbass. No one in their right mind willingly wakes up at 6AM.".

Moving all of your stuff up to your apartment was a slow, tiring, and difficult process, but luckily you finished at around 8:30AM, your room and apartment now full of boxes and your furniture from your previous home. You considered falling back asleep after your mother had left for work, but it was already too late, if you went back to sleep you'd probably not wake up for hours, and the hang out time you set with your friends was approaching.

"Might as well unpack and make this place feel like home, make it look good. Then you could invite your friends in to take a look around. They could see your cool music and movie posters, your collection of true crime and supernatural related books, surely they'd love to hang out in your room after you got it all set up.", once you finished that thought you got straight to work, making your bed, neatly organizing your small bookshelf, placing the CD player and CD holder on top of it. Putting up your posters was a bit difficult, you kept dropping thumbtacks onto the floor, putting them up only to take them down and redo it over again once you noticed they were crooked. Hectic, yes, worth it to impress your friends though? Also yes.

You had completely finished setting up your room at around 9:15, admiring all your hard work. "Posters up, bookshelf organized, bed made, TV and VHS player set up, and everything else is perfect too!", excitedly you jumped onto your bed, shutting your eyes for a moment of rest. That didn't last long though, after you caught a whiff of yourself you realized you definitely needed a shower, and hey, maybe putting a little effort into your appearance today wouldn't hurt either.

Hopping into the shower, you washed your hair and body thoroughly, wanting to get rid of all that sweat from hauling boxes around. Once you were out you blow dried your hair, curling your lashes and applying a small amount of mascara before slipping into your clothes. A band shirt you cropped yourself that revealed a bit of your mid drift, high waisted denim shorts, again, that you cut yourself, a dark red and green oversized flannel, and your black knee high socks complimented by your sturdy Doc Martens. You felt confident, both in your room and the way you looked, though nervous thoughts still found their way into your mind.

"Are they going to be able to tell that I tried really hard? Am I dressed funny? Do they even want to come into my place? Wait, what if they don't even bother showing up?!", these sort of thoughts were common for you, despite your somewhat cool and unbothered exterior, you were still a pretty self conscious and shy person at the end of the day. Letting out a sigh, you glanced over at the clock atop your nightstand, 10:01. "Shit, get to the door!", was your last thought before hustling out of your room and into the living room, heading towards the door.

You remembered the events of the day before as your hand touched the doorknob, giggling at how careless you were for crashing into Sallyface like that. Hey, at least that's what caused you to have plans with them today. Once out the door and into the hall, you heard the mechanical whirring of the elevator, dinging once it stopped at your floor. That had to be them, causing knots to form in your stomach. Yesterday was so much fun, you hoped everything today went just as well.