Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Hadley

"Sorry I had to come back," Sawyer said with a sexy grin, his dimples on full display.

I pressed my lips together, but couldn't help hide the huge smile on my face. Eek! He is soooo cute, I thought to myself.

"Can't be a pizza man without the official jacket," he said, holding up his coat, which featured a patch with a large piece of pepperoni pizza on the back.

I let out a small giggle.

"Not too much longer, then this guy," he pointed to his chest with his two thumbs, "will have officially graduated with a degree in kinesiology and my pizza delivering days will be over."

"I think you're going to disappoint a lot of your female customers," I said, my cheeks instantly flushing.

"Eh," he said shrugging. "They'll find someone to take my place. Hopefully they won't end up with a cast on their hand though."

My cheeks went from warm to burning hot. "I'm so sorry, Sawyer," I apologized for like the hundredth time.

"Hey," he said wrapping his good arm around my waist and pulling me into his rock hard chest. "I'm glad you called 911. Otherwise, I you never would have rode along in the ambulance with me and I wouldn't have learned that you weren't trying to kill me." He chuckled. "I wouldn't have gotten to have lunch with you or hang out with you tonight." He paused to brush a stray strand of hair off of my face.

"And," he said with a twinkle in his eye, "Most importantly, I never would have gotten to do this." He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

Wrapping my arms around his waist, our lips crashed together. He bit my lower lip lightly before running his tongue across my teeth.

My mind began to race as we continued to kiss in my living room. He's such a good kisser! I wonder if he thinks I'm a good kisser? Ugh! It's been so long since I've done this! Oh no! What if I'm a bad kisser?

As if he could read my mind, Sawyer pulled away and peered into my eyes. His deep blue eyes made my knees feel like jelly.

"What's wrong, Hadley?" he asked with concern in his voice.

I looked down.

He tipped my chin up with his index finger. "What is it?"

"I'm just a little out of practice," I admitted.

"Well," he said brushing his lips against mine. "I can't tell." He kissed me once more before pulling back. "I hate to do this..."

"But you need to go," I said, with a slight pout.

"Yeah," he responded. "But, I'd like to take you to dinner tomorrow night, if that's okay?"

Unable to stop grinning, I nodded. "That would be very nice."

"I'll pick you up at seven?" he asked.

"Sounds perfect."

He leaned down one last time and pressed his lips against mine. "See you tomorrow, Hadley."

As soon as Sawyer had left, I locked the door and pulled out my cell phone.

I unlocked the screen and tapped on Scarlet's name. The phone didn't even ring before I heard my best friend's voice on the line.

"Soooooo," she said, "How'd it go?"

I sank into the couch, squeezed my eyes shut, and let out a squeal.