Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Hadley

"Hadley," whispered a strange voice. "Hadley, wake upppp."

A dull ache settled in the back of my skull as I opened my eyes.

"Oh good, you're up."

I tried to raise my hand to my throbbing head, but felt something holding my arm back. Looking down in horror, my eyes landed on a thick rope wrapped around my thighs and stomach, pinning my arms against me and leaving me unable to move.

"HEEEEEEELP," I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Please somebody help me!"

"That's not going to help. Nobody can hear you."

"Please," I pleaded, "Just let me go. I won't tell anyone, I promise!"

"HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP! PLEASE!" I screamed even louder. Tears flooded my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "I've been kidnapped! Please! Somebody help me!"

A hand grabbed the back of my neck and squeezed. "Hadley, I told you, NO ONE can hear you."

"Don't touch me!" I shrieked. Shaking free, I tried to shift my weight as far away from my attacker as possible.

The hand grabbed me by the neck again, this time even harder. "I said be quiet," came a low growl.

I threw my body hard to the left. Before I could center myself, gravity took over and the chair tipped over and I hit the ground with hard thud.

"I don't want to have to have to do this, Hadley, but you leave me no choice." A second later, I felt a damp rag being shoved again my face.

"Noooooooooooo," I screamed as everything faded to black.

***

"Hadley, are you ready to try this again?"

A blinding headache blurred my vision as I tried to open my eyes. Panicking, I blinked rapidly. Why can't I see? What's going on? I tried to open my mouth, but quickly realized that I had been gagged.

"It's for your own good," said the voice I had already grown to hate. "It helps serve as a reminder that I'm in control. Not you."

Closing my eyes, I tried to remember the face behind the flowers, the face that matched that disgusting voice. Instead remembering my attacker's eye or hair color, all I could remember was being chased through my house and tackled to the ground. It boiled down to one thing. Terror. Pure and utter terror.

"Now, Hadley, you wouldn't behave last time we tried this and that made me angry. Very angry."

My lower lip trembled as tears filled my eyes.

"Are you going to behave this time?"

I nodded.

A finger traced along my jawbone. "Are you sure?"

Before I could nod again, lips pressed against my neck. "Mmmmm! Mmmmmm!" I screamed through the gag.

Suddenly, the lips were gone and I felt the fabric covering my eyes being ripped away.  

Stiffening, I tried not to cry as the dark room came back into view. A small lantern sat in the corner as well as three large candles placed sporadically around the small room.

"I told you not to scream," hissed an angry voice. "If I want to kiss you, I'm going to kiss you. Do you understand?"

I refused to move.  

Letting go of my hair, let out a loud growl. "I should have just killed you. I should have just dumped your lifeless body in the dumpster!"

My blood turned to ice.

"But no," continued my attacker. "I thought you were different, Hadley. I thought you and I had something special."

I could hear the sound of a zipper opening. A moment later, a sharp blade ran down my arm, leaving a trail of blood behind it.

Shrieking, I tried to tip my chair over again.

Catching the chair mid rock, the blade pressed against my skin, this time, cutting even deeper. "Hadley, you need to STOP IT!"

A whimper escaped my lips.

"If I have to ask you again, I'm going to run this across your neck," said my attacker holding the blade in front of my face. "Do you understand me now?"

————————————————————

Hey, Lovelies!

So I totally wrote the second part of this chapter; however, after reading it like twenty times, I didn't like it at all. Blah! So, that said, I'm going to read it again tomorrow, fix what needs to be fixed, then post it as soon as I'm done! :) It's soooooooooo super juicy I can barely stand waiting to share it with all of you!

Until then... ;)

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo