Chapter Nineteen (Part Two)

Caden

The fabric from Hadley's dress billowed in the breeze.

"Come down, Hads," I cooed.

Cocking my head to the side, I squinted. "Hadley?"

CRACK!

A hot flash of pain burst across the base of my skull and my vision blurred.

"Honey, I'm home," hissed Hadley.

***

I awoke to a splitting headache and a sore shoulder.

What the hell happened? I thought as I managed to peel open one eye and look around.

Click.

My heart skipped a beat. No! She couldn't have! Forcing both eyes open, I looked for the source of the sound.

"You're finally awake," growled Hadley, her thumb still on the hammer of the cocked trigger.

"You bi-" I started, but was met by a quick kick to the gut.

"Shut up," thundered Hadley.

She pointed the gun squarely between my eyes.

"Caden, Caden, Caden..." she said shaking her head. "You've been in charge way too long."

I watched as she ran her fingers through her dirty, matted hair.

"I mean, all I wanted was to go out on a date with Sawyer and move on from all of the death in my life. But, NOOOOOOOOO, you had to show up at my door with those retched flowers and ruin my life."

Even though my heart thumped rapidly in my chest, I didn't feel fear. Instead, an intense mixture of anger and desire coursed through my veins.

Running a tongue over my lips, I reached a hand into the waistline of my pants.

"Don't you dare," spit Hadley. "I'll shoot you and leave you here to die."

The corner of my lips twitched into a smile. "I like this side of you."

The gun in Hadley's hand started to shake.

"You don't really want to shoot me, do you, my love?"

Her eyes turned a shade darker and rage emanated from her body.

"Don't test me," she snapped.

I'm going to test you and I'm going to win, I thought to myself.

"Listen, Hadley," I paused to clear my throat, "Just give me back my gun and we can forget this ever happened."

Hadley's arms trembled and her eyes filled with tears.

"Last chaaaaaaance," I teased.

I watched intently as her rigid posture loosened slightly. That's right, I know you're weak and tired. Let go. Just let go.

As soon as her shoulders slumped, I sprang to my feet and dove for Hadley's legs.

With the gun swinging down to meet my charging body, Hadley's anguished shriek filled the space between us, followed by the deafening BOOM of the gun.

----------------------

Dearest Undies/Undertakers/Fundies/Funders/Underians/Cadenators/Lovelies/Caden Nationers,

Phew! The second part of chapter nineteen was pretty intense! 0_0 

What do you think is going to happen next? 

Also, thanks to everyone who has been reading the #WattpadBlockParty posts! Aren't they amazing? One more thank you to everyone who turned out for the first episode of #Kelliscope on Periscope! Over 100 of you joined me for the very first segment! This Thursday (7/16/15) at 8PM (EST), I'll be covering the topic of Navigating the World of Wattpad. I'd love for you to join in! :) 

Okay, I am oh so sleepy! I've been working for fifteen hours straight with two mini breaks to eat. 0_0 

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave me a comment and click that fun little, "Vote," button! :) YAY! Thank you! <3