Chapter Seven (Part Two)

Caden

I told my boss that I felt like I was coming down with something and left work early. I spent the rest of the afternoon planning. Planning how I would run a knife across his throat. Planning how I would drag his body into the mountainous back woods and leave it for the wild hogs to eat. Planning how I would whisk Hadley away to our perfect first date. As my imagination ran wild, a wicked grin played on the corners of my lips. Things are going to work out just fine for us, Hadley, just fine...

*****

I drove by Hadley's house at five past six o'clock and parked across the street. Grabbing my binoculars, I gazed at the spare bedroom window. Good. There better not be anybody in there!

Clearing my throat, I looked toward the living room window. What? Why are the blinds closed? She doesn't close them until she goes to bed. My heart raced and I could feel my pulse beating in my ears. He better not be in there! I desperately tried to peer through the flimsy plastic blinds. Nothing. Hadley, don't you do this to me. Please, please, please!

I waited and waited. Ten past seven o'clock. As each antagonizing minute passed, I became more irate. My cheeks remained a deep crimson and my lips pursed. I pulled out my phone and scoured Hadley's Facebook status. Nothing. Hadley, why are you doing this to me?

Quarter past eight o'clock. I rocked back and forth in the drivers seat. Hadley, are you still with him? Is he hurting you? Do I need to come in there?

Questions continued to race through my mind as my body violently jolted forward and backward repeatedly.

Finally, at nine thirty, the door opened. Out walked the man I'd seen Hadley with at lunch. He had a lovesick smile on his face. I could practically hear Hadley's giggle as she buried her grin with her hands. The man held up his bandaged hand and shrugged his shoulders.

I clenched my teeth together to the point of sharp pains shooting through my jaw. Don't you do it! Don't you DARE touch her!

Clearly ignoring my wishes, the man pulled Hadley in with his good hand and pressed his lips against hers.

"Noooooooooo!" I screamed.

Hadley suddenly pulled away and peered into the darkness.

Oh shit! I ducked down and held my breath. Did they see me? I counted to two hundred. Slowly, I inched my head up and looked out the driver's side window.

Oh no! Where did they go?

I frantically searched the sidewalk. Where did that mother f- I stopped short as the sound of an engine purred to life. A moment later, headlights on the other side of the street flickered to life.

"Found you," I said in a nefarious tone. I waited a moment, before turning the keys in the ignition.

I pulled out and turned the car around. Forcing myself to take several deep breaths, I followed the man trying to destroy my relationship with Hadley. Nothing seemed to calm my hands as they shook uncontrollably. "Where are you going?" I hissed, as we wound our way out of her neighborhood.

After rolling through a stop sign and narrowly making it through a yellow light, I caught up to him. A black Mercedes? Seriously? Scowling, I followed him down the street. Do you think you're better then me? Driving around that nice car? Going after my girl?

Ten minutes later, he turned up a small gravel road. It's now or never, I told myself as I slowed down to a stop. I waited ten seconds and then pressed my foot to the pedal. Gravel kicked up and my tires spun loudly.

"This will teach you to stay away from my girl!" I snarled as my car jerked forward. Accelerating quickly, I threw my head back and let out a wicked laugh. "You'll never touch her again," I screamed as I smashed into the back of his car.

------------

Thank you for reading the rest of chapter seven. I'm sorry it took awhile to post. I'm excited to write and share the next chapter of Under with all of you! What do you think will happen? Feel free to post your theories below!

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount

www.kellyanneblount.com

www.facebook.com/kellyanneblount

www.twitter.com/kellyanneblount

P.S. Don't forget to check out the very first Wattpad Block Party! The book can be found in my library and the event will go on the ENTIRE month of February, featuring some of your FAVORITE Wattpad authors! :)