Chapter Nineteen (Part One)

Chapter Nineteen (Part One)

Caden

"POPS! HELLLLLLLP!" I screamed.

I wiggled back and fourth, trying to loosen the chains.

"POPS!"

The chains rubbed against my skin and sent a burning sensation shooting through my arms.

"That bitch," I snarled, kicking the nearest wall.

Opening my mouth to scream again, I stopped as my father's voice filled the barn.

"Caden-" he stopped speaking abruptly and threw his hands up in the air, "What in your Mother's name is going on here?"

I shook my head and tried to blink away the on slot of tears threatening to spill over.

"Where's the girl?" demanded my father, his wild eyes scanning the chains wrapped around my torso.

"I thought she was sleeping," I said, shaking my head.

He cleared his throat and spat on the ground. "You are a disappointment."

"Pops, the key," I said motioning to the barred stall door. "Please, I have to go get her."

His lip curled into a wicked smile. "You better bring her back, Caden. And if you don't," he warned, "You're done."

I shook my head. "I won't let you down, Pops. I'll find her and I'll bring her back."

He bent down, unlocked the padlock, and unwound the chains from my body. Without another word, he picked me up by my shirt and threw me though the stall door.

I emerged into the open air and immediately began studying the ground for Hadley's footprints. Which way did you go, my love? Where are you going to hide?

Adrenaline started to pump through my body. I won't disappoint you, Pops!

Picking up her tracks, I smirked and raced toward the grove of thick trees. "Hadleeeeeey, here I come!"

She couldn't have gotten very far. Hadley had grown weaker over the past few weeks and I doubted that she could run for more then a few minutes without having to rest.

I scoured the ground and the nearby bushes. "Hadley, just come out," I urged. "It will make things so much easier."

A single footprint pointed north. I followed it, still calling to her. "Hadley, I forgive you. You were mad at me for brining you out here without any warning. It's just, our old place wasn't an option any more and I couldn't bring you to my apartment. I mean, HELLO, the police are everywhere looking for you. So, when you think about it that way, this was my only choice. I had to bring you home."

A small patch of flattened grass and a patch of flattened flowers caught my attention.

"Now see, I know you're somewhere close, Hadley. You aren't being very careful. I can tell you've been here," I called out.

Pausing, I listened intently. She's going to move. She's going to give herself away.

As if on cue, a branch crashed to the ground and a shriek filled the air.

I looked up to find the source of the branch breaking and an evil smile immediately lit up my face.

"Oh, Hadley," I said, slowly running my tongue across my upper lip. "You're going to be sorry you ran away from me."

----------------------------

Dearest Undies/Undertakers/Fundies/Funders/Underians/Cadenators/Lovelies,   

Wanted to get out a quick half of a chapter before the end of the night. Keep an eye out for the rest of the chapter this weekend! 

Do you think Caden is going to catch Hadley? 0_0 

Also, don't forget to check out my Periscope segment on Incorporating Sensory Details Into Your Writing tomorrow night at 8PM (EST)! The link will go live on my Twitter page (www.twitter.com/kellyanneblount) as soon as the broadcast starts. 

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. Have you checked out the #WattpadBlockParty - Summer Edition yet? There are loads of epic posts already up and tons more to come!