Chapter Twenty-Seven (Part Two)

"You don't want to do that, Kendall!" I snarled.

She lunged toward me and swung the knife erratically. "Oh, but I do!" she hissed.

I dodged the first attack and looked back up the stairs. Hadley blinked at me, fear washed over her pale face.

"Stay still!" she demanded, swinging the blade again.

This time, she caught the fabric of the shirt I had on. Way too close for comfort.

"I'm going to kill you and then I'm going to kill that little bitch upstairs!" Kendall screeched as she slashed at me again.

Jumping back, I narrowly avoided the blade aimed straight at my face.

"Kendall, you need to back off!" I warned her.

She through her head back and cackled. "I was forced to live down in that hole with you for week after week. I couldn't wait to slit your throat. I knew Pops would give me the chance. I'm not going to blow it!"

I glanced over her shoulder at a small end table adorned with a simple red lamp. Would it still be there? Did Pops move it? Maybe lock it up?

Kendall jumped toward me. I stuck out my leg and aimed at her shins. She tripped and fell with a loud thump.

Leaping over her body, I tugged open the drawer and shoved my hand into the back. My hands brushed against the cool metal of my father's handgun and the circular rings of a set of handcuffs.

I pulled them out in one swift motion and spun back around. Pointing the gun at Kendall's head, I grinned and licked my lower lip. "Now who's going to die?"

One shot aimed at her head was all it took. Her skull exploded and brain matter splattered against the wall.

Now that felt amazing, I thought to myself as the corners of my lips tugged into a grin.

Hadley's screams instantly cut through my happiness.

"Caden! You better not touch my girl!" shouted Pops from the kitchen. "Either of them!"

"Your girl?" I replied sarcastically. "YOUR GIRL?"

My hands shook with rage as I pictured pumping his body full of bullets. "She's not YOUR GIRL!" I screamed. I sprinted toward the kitchen, but suddenly stopped when I heard a series of thuds.

I turned around just in time to see Hadley's body tumbling down the stairs. She landed with a sickening thump at the bottom.

I shoved the gun and handcuffs into the waistband of my pants and ran to her side. "Oh, my love!"

I cradled her head in my hands. Her pale face looked so sweet and innocent.

"I need to get you to a doctor," I murmured as I looked over her still body.

Gently scooping her into my arms, I lifted her lifeless body off the floor.

"I hope you bleed to death," I shouted over my shoulder as I carried my soul mate's body through the living room and out the front door.

As always, Pops had his old pick up truck parked out front with the keys in the ignition.

Hadley still hadn't moved, even after I let one of her arms fall as I placed her body on to the passenger's seat. Leaning down, I let my lips brush against her forehead. "I love you so much."

Realizing time was of the essence; I quickly backed off and carefully shut the door of the truck.

Hopping into the driver's side, I slammed the door and turned the key. After two tries, the car finally rumbled to life.

Looking down at Hadley's peaceful face, I bit my lip and frowned. "Don't worry, my love," I whispered. "You're going to be just fine. I promise."

------------------------

Undie Nation,

I hope you enjoyed the short, yet terrifying update! More to come soon!

In the meantime, what do you think will happen to Hadley? What about Pops?

Excited to hear your thoughts and theories for Chapter Twenty-Eight!

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. Clicking that little star and leaving a comment is always über appreciated!

P.S.S. My goal is to finish UNDER by Jan. 1st (2016). Get ready for frequent updates, massive twists, and an ending that is so intense, you might just drop your phone/laptop! Seriously, if I had to sum it up into a few words, it's basically the most shocking ending that you never saw coming!