Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Caden

 My fingers trembled with excitement as they grasped the delicate stems of the flowers. I had been waiting for this very moment since the first time I saw her perfect face.

I watched as confusion swept her face.

"These are for you," I said, handing her the flowers.

Hadley accepted the flowers tentatively. "Um, are these from Sawyer?"

My cheeks flushed with anger. "No, they're from me."

Her body went rigid and she took a small step backward.

"Don't you like them?" I asked, perhaps a bit too forcefully.

She took a tentative step back. "Wh- wh- who are you?" she asked in a trembling voice.

"My name is Caden."

She frowned. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

My heart started to race as her hand desperately reached for the door handle. Deciding not to waste anymore time, I took a deep breath and said, "Hadley, I'm in love with you. I have been for a long time. I brought you these flowers tonight and wanted to see if you would go out on a date with me?"

Her body stiffened even further. "That's very sweet," she said, her voice quaking, "But I'm seeing someone now."

Rage snaked through my body. "That stupid pizza boy?" I asked with venom in my voice.

Hadley's jaw dropped. "How do you know that?"

I licked my lips, "I know everything about you, Hadley."

Her hands fell to her sides and she dropped the flowers on to the doorstop. "I want you to leave," she trembled. "I want you to leave right now."

I reached down to pick up the flowers. Her voice had given away everything. She wants me. She just doesn't know it yet.

Without another word, she spun around and ducked into her apartment. She tried to slam the door, but I managed to get my foot wedged in before it could shut.

Forcing my way through the door and into the familiar apartment, my eyes locked with Hadley's. She let out a loud scream and ran toward her bedroom. Oh no you don't, I thought to myself as I raced after her.

She slammed her bedroom door in my face, only increasing my rage. "Don't do this Hadley," I said thought the closed door. I waited a moment and then threw myself against her bedroom door. It didn't budge. I backed up a few feet and rushed the door again. This time, I managed to burst through the door and into the room. Colliding with Hadley, we both fell to the floor. Her cell phone went flying and landed somewhere under her bed.

"Help," she screamed.

"Ah, ah, ah," I said as straddled her waist and pinned her arms above her head. Leaning down, I forced my lips against hers, my insides trembling with excitement as I stifled her next scream. Mmmmmmm, soon I'll have ALL of you to myself, I thought with a wicked smile.

Hadley kicked and flailed her body, forcing me to sit up and grab the rag out of my back pocket. "If you can't behave, I'll have to help you. Do you understand?"

Tears streamed down her face. "Why are you doing this to me?"

Still straddling her, I reached down and wiped a tear away. "You don't have to cry, Hadley. I don't want to hurt you."

"Who are you?" she said, her voice choked with fear.

"I'm the love of your life," I said. "You're my queen."