Chapter Fourteen

Two really quick, but super important things!

1) THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping Under hit #1 on the "What's Hot," Horror List here on @Wattpad! I am so grateful to each of you for reading, commenting, and voting for Under! <3 Honestly, I was so excited when I found out tonight, that I just knew I had to write and publish chapter fourteen as a huge THANK YOU note to all of you!

2) Things are about to get even darker. If that isn't your thing, I totally understand! But if it is, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

————————-

Chapter Fourteen

Hadley

The sounds of a key jingling woke me from a restless sleep. Sitting up, a sharp pain shot thought my side. My ribs had broken the first night I had been taken. I never forgot the sickening feeling of my attacker's fingers closing around my windpipe. If it hadn't of been for Caden's cell phone ringing from the opposite side of the room, I'm sure my life would have ended right then and there.

A series of locks were opened one at a time with a distinctive click.

I tried desperately to comb my fingers through my greasy hair. I quickly braided it and secured an elastic band around just before the ragged and dirty ends.

Creeeeeeeeeeaaaak...

Shuddering, I bit my lips and pinched my cheeks. Caden hated it when I didn't have any color to my face.

Emerging from the darkness, Caden smiled. "How's my beautiful girl today?"

I offered up a small smile. "Fine, thank you."

Eyes darkening, Caden repeated, "Fine, thank you?"

Dropping my head, I whispered, "Fine. Thank you, Sir." I had learned the hard way about Caden's insistence on being addressed as, "Sir." My broken ribs served as a painful reminder.

Caden kissed me on the cheek and set down a bag of groceries.

"I brought you something special tonight," he said as he lit a number of candles around the room.

Shifting my weight, I leaned up against the wall, the cuff around my ankle pulling slightly.

Pulling out a loaf of bread and a block of marbled cheese, Caden glanced over his shoulder and blew me a kiss. "Don't worry," he said. "This isn't it."

I watched as he set the bread on the ground and reached back into the paper bag.

"Ready for your surprise?" he asked.

I nodded.

Caden's fingers quickly curled up into a balled fist.

"I mean, yes, please, Sir," I quickly corrected.

His fingers relaxed and the corners of his lips curled up into a devious smile. "That's better. It's almost as if you've forgotten your manners tonight, my Queen. Now, close your eyes and hold out your hands."

Doing as I was told, I waited with my hands cupped, trying to keep them from trembling.

Caden placed something into my palm. "Okay! Open them," he said eagerly.

Opening my eyes, I gazed down at a bright red tube of lipstick.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

I tried to smile. "Yes. Thank you very much, Caden."

Tracing my lower lip with his thumbnail, he whispered, "Put it on."

Trying to quell my shaking hands, I took a deep breath.

Catching on instantly, Caden swatted the lipstick out of my hands. It rolled along the floor for a few seconds before coming to a stop.

Grabbing me by the face, he pushed my body backward onto the mattress.

Stabbing pain shot through my ribcage.

"I go out of my way to bring you a gift and you don't even appreciate it? Instead, you have to take a deep breath like I'm disgusting!" He pressed harder. "Am I THAT disgusting?"

Tears filled my eyes as I tried to shake my head.

Caden let go of my face and pushed my hands above my head. "Don't move," he growled.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I lay still and tried to picture a warm sunny day on the beach. I pictured the same scene over again and again as Caden violated me one way or another.

His body left mine for a moment, before he came back and straddled my waist.

"Now," he started as he pulled my shirt up and exposing my stomach, "When I buy you a present, you need to show your appreciation. Do you understand me?"

I nodded. "Yes, Sir."

His lips trailed kisses from my waist to the underwire of my bra. "Mmmmmm... You are delicious."

Looking up, I stared at the ceiling as the flames danced across the uneven surface. All dreams of being rescued had gradually faded over time. No one will ever find you here, Caden had repeated every morning before he checked my chains and left for the day. You're mine now, Hadley Jasper. You're all mine.

After a few seconds the kisses stopped and Caden pulled a small piece of ripped fabric out of his back pocket.

I didn't need instructions. I lifted my head and allowed him to secure the blindfold over my eyes.

"That's a good girl," he whispered into my ear. "Now it's time to show me how much you love me."

—————————————

Hey, Lovelies!

What did you think about chapter fourteen? A bit short and extra evil... Hoping to write and share more this weekend!

Hearts and thank you again for helping Under to hit number one!

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. If you loved the latest instalment of Under, please leave me a comment and don't forget to vote! ❤️😉❤️