Chapter 3

His head was pounding hard, he was disoriented and confused. 

James has been up for a while now trying to get his thoughts straight. His breath stuck in his throat as he was on the bed, his legs up to his chest leaning his head on his knees. It was a different room from the one before. The room was a deep grey colour with only the bed in the room. The room was small and there were no windows so James had no sense of time. James once again was stopped from getting up, his leg restrained with a chain that linked to the concrete floor, it was uncomfortable and red since he tried pulling it off, his skin an angry red colour. 

The young man sighed deeply as he leaned against the concrete wall. He tried to understand the situation; trying to think of a plan to help him get him out. He tried to think of a strategic plan, but with no way of knowing where he is, there was no chance he was getting out of this place. For once in his life, James felt helpless, like a trapped bird in a cage.

However, it wasn't long before his line of thought was interrupted when the lock on the door clicked and the door opened. He instantly set his gaze up and watched the door cautiously. The moment the door opened a guy in formal attire stepped in. In his hands, he held a tray of food and was slowly making his way toward James. When he was right at the edge of the bed he placed the tray of food down as he eyed James cautiously. The guy looked up into James's eyes and smiled. 

"Eat up, someone will come to pick you up in half an hour so the food better is gone by then. The boss needs to talk to you." Said the guy gleefully. He looked between 25-30 years of age no less or more. He had a slight stubble beard and dyed silver hair with a black fade. He had hazel-green eyes and a slight tan to his skin. James kept his look unfazed and tried to be as alarmed as possible even though he was shaking right to the core. He lowered his gaze to his feet and said nothing. The guy sighed out loud his footsteps could be heard leaving the bedside back towards the door. The younger man sighed internally from relief, as he heard the door open and then close, the lock clicked and he was once again surrounded in silence. Only after he was sure he was alone did James look up. He looked at the food presented to him and as on time his stomach rumbled. He gulped down his saliva harshly and shook his head trying to push the urge to eat aside, pushing the tray of food to the ground, which rattled with a thud, the plate breaking and the contents on it spilling onto the floor. His stomach grumbled once again but James decided to close his eyes and try to sleep it off.

For the next half an hour, James sat in the same position, his eyes closed, listening for any sounds of someone approaching. It was quiet for a long while however, James couldn't shut an eye since his brain made his anxiety spike and he couldn't get the thoughts that something might happen if he falls asleep so he sat in silence, listening. 

After a while he heard footsteps approaching the room - the lock clicked and the door was opened. A woman stepped inside with two men in suits following close behind her. The woman looked at least over 50 years old, she had grey hair and blue void eyes. She was wearing a uniform, with a white shirt, a long black skirt, and knee-high stockings. She looked like a nice woman. The two guys wore the same attire as the guy from before, they were both tall and lean, their bodies well-defined through their clothes. The woman and the men approached James by the bed and James tried scooting back as far as he could go. 

The woman had a genuinely nice smile on her face which made James confused as to why a woman like her worked for men like them. She seemed nice and didn't fit in with these stoic men who eyed James with no emotions. She was like a diamond in a pile of coal.

James was brought back from his trail of thoughts when the woman spoke up, her voice gentle and horse from age. "Hello dear, my name is Ms Clara. I am here to escort you to get cleaned up and get new clothes. We ask that you cooperate with us." What she said made James grimace a little. He looked down at his shaking hands. "No." He said. He was not going to just go with the people who killed his father and kidnapped him. There's no way in hell anyone normal would do that, the distaste lingered in his gaze. "James if you don't cooperate we will have to use force." Ms Clara said with an anxious tone, knowing how it'll rile up the younger man and it did, his anger started to boil. His eyebrow raised and he glared at the woman. However, she wasn't fazed by the look, not even a little bit scared by his reaction, sighing.