Chapter 14

There was no telling how much time has passed or how far James had gone, but once he regained his composure he was sitting on a bench in a park as the rain came pouring, soaking and drenching him. He doesn't remember when he got to the park or how he got there but he must have been out of it because James couldn't remember much after he screamed all his pain out in the middle of the road. 

He finally felt a cold shiver and sighed as he relaxed trying to enjoy some quiet time where he can stay for however long he wants to, he was free. Free from all the burden, free from having to worry about what's going to happen next, he gets to do nothing without worrying if he messes something up or if someone is looking for him, if he's being a burden, he just felt so free. He breathed out loud and clear into the night his breath visible, another shiver running down his spine. The rain still came pouring down; harder now as some thundering could be heard in the distance and some lightning shining through the sky. He pressed his back against the bench with his head leaned back, his face facing towards the sky as rain poured down his cheeks, mixed in with his tears. His senses were all in overdrive. The smell and sound of the rain around him made it exciting, the grass and trees let out a powerful smell of freshness. James felt like a little kid again, for just a second he felt calm. It was an amazing experience and he was happy, James was glad. 

He smiled as he finally let his head fall back down, drifting away until there was no more rain falling on him. Confused James opened his eyes and saw Marcos holding an umbrella above him, he got soaked from the rain. Marcos looked at him for a while but didn't say a word just holding the umbrella above the younger man, keeping him from getting any more soaked. James just sighed and got up, moving towards Marcos, smiling. He finally made it right in front of him and stopped - looking into his brown eyes. He smiled and quickly hugged him, huddling into him, and hugging him tightly. He felt so warm as James leaned his chin against his shoulder. James once again felt tears falling down his face; emotional all over again. James looked up and saw Marcos smirking at him as he let out a little chuckle. The younger man just looked into his eyes, they radiated dominance, anger but relief. Marcos had James right where he wanted him, he was once again right. It made James feel upset but he kept hugging him tightly as he started stroking James' brown hair in the process smiling cheek to cheek. James broke down and fell to his knees beneath Marcos who didn't move from his spot looking down at the younger man with a smirk. He was right, he knew James would give in. James held onto Marcos' legs tightly and cried, his grasp was tight yet gentle, it felt as though he would crack if he pressed harder, scared that he'd break into pieces if he gives in. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I don't deserve you. You guys did so much for me. Please don't leave me. Don't be mad at me!" His voice was all broken and Marcos laughed. Marcos had James broken, he knew they had him in the palm of their hands. Even though what they did to him was horrendous and violating James got to know the better side of them and he wanted to give it a try, give them a try. He can feel that they were right, he had no one else to turn to. What would he do if they left him alone? Would the police arrest him? Would he be able to go back to the way it was, he knew he wouldn't, they were his only hope. 

The younger man bit his lip harder till he drew blood as he looked at Marcos with big pleading eyes. "Was it all just fake? In the past month. Was it all just a game to you, or was it real?" Marcos looked at James with a smirk. Leaning down he grabbed his chin and smiled. "It was as real as you want it to be. Even if it wasn't we were nice, isn't that all that matters?" James looked away for a second weighing the choices down. He could leave now, never forgive them or see them again but where would he go? He didn't have any place to go back to, his father was dead and he was called a criminal. He would never be able to get back on his feet. Then on the other hand he could give in to them and give them a chance to show him something different, making it worth staying. The first option would be rational, and his heart knew that it was the right choice, but his mind was telling him something else and that something was to give them a chance. A chance to show him their true intentions.