Chapter 12

It was cold and James sweated profoundly as he was being chased through the woods. He heard yelling but it was muffled and he couldn't hear what the person was yelling. His breathing was heavy and his heart beat fast ready to pop out from his chest. He didn't know why it was happening but it was familiar he had this nightmare before but he can't quite put his mind to why it was happening again. He ran as the branches hit him in the face, scratching him, and pulling his hair. The leaves covered his hair which was messy as he sweated profusely. His breathing hitched as he tripped on a branch on the floor and tumbled onto the ground. He groaned as the pain shot to his leg, he tried to get up, getting on his knees and trying to stand up; supporting himself on the nearby tree. He was harshly grabbed by someone from behind and pushed onto the ground, his trousers were getting dirty from the soil and wet leaves. The person then grabbed his neck and turned him over. He was looking at his blurry father. Just then his neck was squeezed by his bigger hands and they started to choke him. He gasped as trashed around as he pressed harder and his airways tightened and he couldn't breathe. He felt his head start pounding and his vision gets blurry his airways were being obstructed and just then the pain got away and he started passing out. Just when he thought he was going to die he jolted up in surprise and gasped for breath. 

His eyes were watering and he was disoriented. He was in a room that was painted a peach colour and had a wooden floor with a soft-looking carpet that was near the bed. The bed was king-sized and had black sheets that covered it. The room was dark and James profoundly looked around, his breathing was heavy which was followed by ugly sobs as tears and snot ran down his face. This nightmare felt so real and that's what made him panic. It happened again. He grasped his chest as his heart was beating swiftly, it was making him go crazy. The door opened and someone rushed in, they turned on the lights and made their way to his bedside. James panicked and didn't know what to do. Once the person got close enough to him he could tell that it was Marcos. Once he was at his bedside he spotted him and looked away. He leaned closer and whispered sweet nothings into his ear trying to slow down his racing heart. After a while, he started to calm down and his tears stopped, he felt so vulnerable and weak and hated that Marcos saw it. 

A few hiccups could be heard. Once he finally settled, Marcos grabbed his hand and sat down on the bed next to him. James looked into his eyes that were lingering with concern and he wanted to yell at him, punch him, curse him out but kept quiet. "Are you alright James, what happened?" He looked at him then looked down ashamed. He's 23 years old and here he is acting like a baby after having a nightmare. It is embarrassing and degrading. Marcos will use this against him and he knows it, he just hates that he saw him this vulnerable. 

He grabbed his chin and lifted his head. He looked into his brown eyes and wanted to glare. His eyes lingered with concern as well as adoration, love, and care which made him sick. His gut churned and he felt sick ready to throw hands. "James, we're trying to make you feel as comfortable as we can and you need to tell us when something is bothering you. We'll listen to you, even if you'd have to wake us up at 3 am. We're here for you." A tear ran down his face. He was frustrated, this man was lying to his face, he was trying to act all nice and bubbly when in reality they are all huge pieces of shit. He mumbled under his breath at which Marcos asked what he said but he ignored him, mad.

"I only had a nightmare." Marcos sighed and stroked his hair. He gave him another smile and made him worse. He pulled James into a hug and he froze up uncomfortable. "You're safe with us. We'll keep you safe. We'll never hurt you." His mind was screaming at him to run and hide from these lunatics, this was crazy, just then he got a sharp pain in his head as blurry images once again flashed through his head and it hurt. The pain was unbearable and he dug his nails into Marcos who took in a breath but didn't even flinch. He was kind of glad he caused the man pain, it must have hurt he could tell. When James finally got his breathing and the pain settled he realized that he dug his nails pretty far into Marcos, whose chest was now bleeding even through the white tank top he had on. He looked at him with his glazed-over eyes a small hidden smirk inside wanting to laugh at the man. He apologises to Marcos for his injury but deep down was happy she was hurt, glad even. Marcos just laughed it off and told him that it was fine and that he had done worse to himself before. This made James mad.