Chapter 10

He was running through a deep wood. It was dark and he heard loud footsteps following right behind him. He was breathing hard,  sweating, and out of breath but he couldn't force himself to stop. The adrenaline was rushing through his veins and his feet were going faster than he have ever been. He was running through branches that went over his head as the wood started getting denser and thicker. James started feeling drained and fatigued. He didn't know how long he'd been running but it was starting to take a toll on his whole body. His muscles were aching but he kept going. Just then he tripped. He tripped. That is one of the most iconic things to do when running away. He groaned in annoyance and quickly tried to get up. As he was up someone grabbed his shoulder and James was pushed to the floor. He was face down on the ground. He groaned as the person yanked his brown hair. He has yet to know who this person is. He was quickly turned over and his breathing almost stopped. His father was right in front of him. He was taken aback and his eyes started watering. "Dad? You're alive!" However, he ignored James. To his surprise, he grabbed him by the neck tightly and started choking him. His eyes started watering as his airways were closed. James' face started to go a reddish, blue colour as he trashed his body around, trying to grab onto something but to no avail. His vision began to fade and just when he thought he was going to die he awoke in a cold sweat.

James looked at his surroundings. He was back in his room at his kidnapper's house. He ran a hand down his neck slowly trying to catch his breath. He was crying and choked a little from the nightmare. He wasn't able to process why he had that nightmare so he sat up, grasping the bed sheets. James once again can't remember how he got to his bed. He seems to be passing out a lot. He chuckled a little and wiped his tears away. He finally decided to get up. His arm was aching badly and he looked at the bedside table where a glass of water lay as well as two tablets and a note. 'Take these pills. Your arm must be aching, it isn't broken, your shoulder popped out but it is fine. You'll wear a sling for a few days. Anyways, when you wake up come to the kitchen. -Elijah'

He drank the pills down with the water and made his way to the door. His heart was beating fast from fear, the events from last night crashing down on him and he was scared to go out but he knew shit would be worse if didn't follow what they say. As he was about to clutch the door handle the door opened and as it did James fell backwards. However, his fall was broken by someone grabbing him before he could fall to the ground. He looked up and was met with dark brown eyes staring at him. He cursed under his breath trying to get Sebastian off him. He quickly composed himself pushing away from Sebastian. He stared at the ground uncomfortably, his fingers playing with the hem of his shirt. There was a little chuckle from him which made James shake a little from fear. "I knew you'd fall for me." He looked at the smirking man and gave him a stare of pure disgust. 'Who does this man think he is? That was the stupidest pickup line ever.' James looked at Sebastian with disappointment. That was the shittiest line he had ever heard and the amount of laughter he wanted to contain bubbled up before he burst into laughter.

His stomach started hurting from the laughing, he had to clutch onto it tightly. His laughter must have caught the attention of the others as they all stood in front of the door. "Why are you laughing?" Marcos asked questioningly. Sebastian shrugged his shoulders, which made him laugh even harder. Through his laughter, he looked at the confused men. "He fucking-ng opened the door at the same time I did, which caused me to fall back. He then said. 'I knew you'd fall for me.' That was the shittiest shit I have ever heard." James said, mimicking Sebastian's voice. Marcos tried to cover his mouth to stop his laughter but failed to laugh out loud. Sebastian still couldn't comprehend why he was being laughed at and that's what made it even funnier. Elijah kept his face straight and patted Sebastian's shoulder. The younger man finally composed himself and stopped laughing. Once he did they all stood there quietly and it made James feel awkward, back to realizing who he has been laughing at. He nervously ran a hand through his messy hair. Sebastian finally realized something and sighed. James looked at the men nervously. He stepped back a little when he noticed Sebastian's mood change. He opened his eyes and gave him a stare. James gulped again his throat feeling dry. "I'm fucking pissed off, we couldn't find you for five hours. I want to strangle you so badly." He hit the near wall expressing his anger which made James back up into the room further.