Chapter 17

There was a loud voice getting louder and louder and with each minute, it felt so real. His head was dizzy and the darkness started fading away as he kept running, something was chasing him and he was scared. After running for what felt like an eternity, he heard a voice once again but this time way louder and closer and he looked up ahead, a bright light shining in the distance. His chest was squeezing tightly and his mind was in overdrive as he ran towards that light, the closer he got the more James started hearing many sounds. Just as he reached the light it all faded away and he awoke. James tried to open his eyes but was struck with harsh light which made him shut his eyes. His head was pounding and it was hard breathing but he was starting to get oriented to his surroundings.

The young man slowly opened his eyes, his eyelids felt heavy but after another attempt, his vision started clearing up and he noticed his surroundings. James had to look around to be sure but the noise and beeping sound of the monitor made him believe he was in a hospital. Once his vision cleared, he looked around a small bright room. Wires were connected to his body and an oxygen mask was placed on his mouth. He slowly lifted his arm which felt heavy and took the mask off, taking a deep breath. His eyes kept darting around the room to see what time it is or where he was but the room was empty. He noticed a button near his bed and slowly pressed it. As he did a small beeping noise occurred and the door opened a nurse rushed inside. Once she laid eyes on James she ran out of the room but was back pretty quick with another nurse and a doctor.

The trio walked into the room and James looked at them confused. He had no idea how he was here, or what happened, but the last thing he remembered was falling asleep after being raped by the guys, wishing for the sweet relief of death. He was so confused. Did something happen? He looked at the nurses and the doctor he tried to talk but his vocal cords didn't want to budge and his throat was dry. The doctor came to James's side and smiled. "It's good to see that you're awake." He was still confused and took a breath in and slowly tried to speak up.

"What's-happening?" His voice was faint, hoarse and weak and he sighed. "James, do you know what happened before you woke up?" He shook his head as if he had no clue and the doctor sighed and then gave him a soft smile. He fixed his glasses and then grabbed a chart. "I want you to listen carefully. Can you tell me your name?" He nodded his head and answered each question carefully. He kept asking basic questions like my name, age, date, and the year it is. I was confused but answered. "It's 2247." The doctor just wrote answers down. He then put the chart down and sighed, looking him in the eyes. "Alright, James I'll get straight to the point. You have been in a coma for the past 4 weeks. I know this might be hard to understand." He looked at the doctor shocked, he had to blink a few times and was lost for words. James had no words he could only look at the doctor in pure shock. "Coma? How? Why?" He had so many questions but few answers. He slowly sat up and looked at the doctor.

"James Pedestrian had found you on the side of the road, you were passed out and they called the ambulance." He gasped, shocked and looked at the doctor like a deer caught in the headlights. "Outside? How? I was with them, did they throw me out?" The doctor looked at James confused. James was looking dead. He didn't know what to think. He was supposed to be glad. He was supposed to be happy to be away from those monsters but he felt like something was wrong. How did he get out? Did they throw him out? He was shocked at the news and couldn't comprehend what the doctor said after that he was lost in his thoughts.

James was brought back to reality when the doctor called his name. He had a worried face as he tried to get his attention. James' brown eyes finally met his grey ones and a tear fell down his cheek. He choked out a sob and couldn't stop the tears. The doctor gently patted his back trying to be as comforting as ever. After a while of just crying, he had no tears left to shed, and he looked up at the doctor with puffy eyes.