chapter 10

"hi! are you mark?" a pretty red head asked mark as he entered the restaurant.
"yeah. and you must be..." mark had forgotten her name.
"julia," she smiled.
"oh. right, julia," he sighed. "we should get seated."

mark and julia talked for a while about everything. he was actually enjoying himself for the first time since kate died. "if you're up for it, i'd like to do this again," julia smiled as they left the restaurant. mark took a deep breath before answering.
"yeah. let's do this again soon," he smiled.

lexie didn't know that mark had started dating again. she only knew that she missed him... a lot. still, she wanted space. she was laying in her room at meredith's house when the door opened. "hey! what the hell?" she called out. "oh hey." it was alex.
"sorry i thought this room was empty," alex apologized as he started to leave.
"you can stay... if you want..." she held up a bottle of liquor. "i have tequila."

lexie woke up the next morning and saw alex beside her. their clothes were thrown all throughout the room. "damn it," she whispered.
"hey lexie" meredith walked into the room. "oh my god!" alex jerked awake from the noise.
"oh crap," he sighed.
"yeah oh crap. alex you're married! and lexie... well you- you're not yourself right now!" meredith berated them.

"how was julia?" derek asked mark.
"she was great. we're actually going to dinner again soon," mark smiled.
"look at you! lexie's moved on and now you are too," derek smiled back.
"wait what? what do you mean lexie's moved on?" mark asked.
"umm i've got a consult, so i'm gonna go," derek ran off before mark could say another word.