chapter 15

jackson and lexie dated for months and it was time for his boards. lexie helped them all study and when it finally time for them to travel, she was alone with mark.

they hadn't talked one on one in a while. "hey," mark sighed.
"where's julia?" lexie asked.
"she's away at a conference, but she'll be back this afternoon," mark replied. it had been a little weird between the two of them considering mark was jackson's mentor.

"i think we should be friends," mark told lexie the next day. she was fighting a strong urge. after yesterday, she'd realized she was still deeply in love with mark.
"yeah. yeah that'd be really great," lexie smiled. how could this be happening again? she knew they didn't work, and he has a baby on the way. "uh mark..." lexie paused.
"yeah?" he replied.
"nevermind, it can wait. i have to go find derek anyway," lexie walked away from mark and went to do exactly what she said: she went to find derek.

"amelia, can you be my big sister for a second?" she asked her.
"sure. what is it?" she replied.
"i think i'm still in love with mark and i don't know what to do," lexie sighed.
"i think you should tell him how you fell... especially since julia's away at a conference," amelia smiled.
"okay, yeah, okay. i'm gonna tell him tonight!" she hugged amelia and ran out of the lab.

that night when lexie was heading out she saw mark standing by a bench. "hey mark," lexie walked over to him.
"hey!" mark smiled. lexie stared at him. "lex? you okay?"
"i love you," she put her hand over her mouth. "oh my god." she tried to stop herself. she tried to stop talking but she couldn't. "jackson is a great guy. he's gorgeous, and younger than you, he doesn't have any kids, and he's an avery and he likes me. i like him too, but it's never gonna work out because i love you. it-it-it's like your a disease. it's like i am infected by mark sloan. and i can't- i can't eat and i can't sleep and i can't breath and i just- i love you all the time!" she realized everything she just said. "mark?"

mark's head was racing. of course he still loves lexie, she's the love of his life. he'd never love another soul like hers. "i," he began but then julia walked over to them with a smile.
"hey lexie," she smiled a great, big, annoying smile at . "you ready?"
"yeah. you go ahead i'll meet you at the car. i have to go over some stuff about the twins on monday," he waved and smiled at her.
"i'm sorry. i don't know what came over me," lexie frowned.
"i love you too," mark whispered back as a bus full of residents pulled up next to them.