chapter 16

"how'd you do?" mark asked jackson excitedly. jackson looked impatiently at his phone, along with meredith, cristina, alex, and april. jackson couldn't bare to look at lexie. he'd gotten drunk and slept with april whilst at his boards and just simply couldn't face her.
"i passed!" meredith exclaimed. everyone else replied with the same great news, except for jackson. his wouldn't load.
"oh got it! it's working... i passed!" he smiled. he hugged lexie and mark and then april. it was an awkward hug, the kind you'd give a past lover at a reunion.

lexie couldn't look at jackson either. she wanted to leave him for mark so badly, but couldn't do that to him. though she had no idea what he'd done.

"i'm leaving jackson," april told him.
"good. that's good. now i don't have to tell lexie what happened between us," jackson sighed with relief.
"wow. so what, that night just meant nothing to you?" april asked.
"no... it did. april you're my best friend but i'm in love with lexie," jackson sighed.
"so are you gonna tell her?" april asked. jackson was confused. "are you gonna tell her that you cheated on her while you were out of town? in my opinion if you don't tell her then you don't really love her, you just think you do."

"lex... we need to talk," jackson. approached lexie.
"i can't right now. i'm about to get on a plane for the boise twins. can we talk when i get back tonight?" lexie avoided the conversation. she thought someone had told him what she'd said to mark. neither of them had any idea.