chapter 14

mark and julia had gotten back together but mark was in no way over lexie. he tried to get over her, he really tried, but he couldn't. she was the love of his life. of course, he love of hers too, but she didn't want him to be. she needed a new guy, someone she can fall in love with and have a future with.

"are you really still stuck on sloan?" jackson asked her.
"i- what if mark's my soulmate?!" she exclaimed.
"we don't have just one soulmate. that would be such a dumb system. plus, i'm sure there's a line of people waiting to be yours," jackson sighed.
"oh what are you in that line?" lexie scoffed. jackson looked at her.
"um yeah, yeah i am," he smiled. lexie stared at him in utter astonishment. they were sitting on the couch in meredith's living room, long after midnight. she thought about it but let her impulse take over.

the next morning lexie woke up in her own bed. she was lying there, looking at the ceiling, nothing more. perhaps the previous night was all a dream. she'd nearly convinced herself when jackson rolled over to face her. then it all came flooding back to her; definitely not a dream. she likes jackson, not nearly as much as mark, but she still liked him.

"so... what does this mean?" lexie asked jackson.
"what do you want it to mean?" jackson responded. before lexie could answer he continued speaking. "this isn't just sex to me though. i really like you, so just consider that." lexie thought about it.
"i don't know. i just got out of a relationship... no. he's not gonna hold me back anymore, i like you too... so let's be a thing!" lexie smiled.

"you and jackson really hit it off last night," meredith laughed. "are you two a thing now?" lexie took a sip of her coffee.
"yeah, i think at least. i just feel like i've been in and out of too many relationships in such a short time," lexie sighed.
"there's nothing wrong with that, i say give it a go!" meredith told her.
"what about you?" lexie asked. "you and alex went upstairs awfully early last night." meredith's face went blank.

"oh my god! you slept with alex!" lexie exclaimed.
"shhh. scream it to the whole world why don't you," meredith hushed her.
"are you two a thing now?" lexie laughed.
"sex friends," meredith stated. lexie looked at her, confused. "best friends who have sex. look we're both lonely and sad and that it."
"uh-huh. so he's your rebound?" lexie laughed again.
"yeah he's- he's sorta like my rebound," meredith laughed back.