12

As soon as Jungkook knew for sure that his brother was gone, he pulled out his phone and dialed his number.

Taemin's melodic voice rang out from Jungkook's phone, grabbing the attention of a few of his classmates and making them turn their heads. He was glad. He'd paid good money for that ringtone, and yes, he was proud of it.

In a split second, Junghyun picked up.

"Hey. Sure you wanna do this?"

"Yes. It'll be hilarious."

"Kay"

Jungkook chuckled and cleared his throat, heightening the volume of his voice.

"Hey Ryaaan~"

As soon as the words left his mouth, half of the kids in the courtyard whipped their heads around to look back at him. Jungkook smirked.

"Heyyy. So I met this really cute guy the other day."

Junghyun stayed silent on the other end of the line. Jungkook continued to improvise.

"Yeaah. He was so hot. I just wanted to-" he paused like he had been interrupted (although in reality Junghyun had been radio silent). "Yeah. Mhm. No he definitely wasn't straight."

Jungkook could feel every kid's eyes on him. He almost wanted to burst out laughing at their expressions. Gaping jaws and wide eyes that looked like they were about to spurt out laser-beams were the trend now, apparently.

"He was so adorable too. I wanted to like, hug him and hold hands but also have a steamy makeout him at the same time.. y'know?"

Jungkook could almost hear the smashing sounds of jaws hitting the pavement. He would've giggled at the thought. But Jeon Jungkook did not giggle.

"Okay. Yeah that was all. Thanks bro."

Junghyun, who had begun playing along, scoffed from the end of the line.

"You really said all that and now you choose to talk like a straight boy? What the fuck."

Jungkook ignored him.

"Ok, bye! Yes, of course I'll send you pics of him. Yeah, see ya."

"You're a failure Jungkook. Love ya."

As soon as Jungkook hung up, he felt the quiet tension in the air thicken. He looked around at his classmates. Some were whispering to each other in shock, some were frozen in disgust, and some looked plain scared.

Of all of the reactions, one in particular stood out.

Park Jimin's mouth hung open. His lips were parted slightly, but not in fear. He was staring straight at Jungkook, pupils piercing through him, a single eyebrow cocked It was as if he knew Jungkook was describing the fictional boy with him in mind.

Jungkook's eyes continued darting over the faces of the other kids. He cocked an eyebrow playfully and looked straight at Jimin, before getting up and walking over. Kids wriggled away from him in their seats and he neared them, all but Jimin, who was caught in a haze of bewilderment. Jungkook took a seat at the table directly opposite Jimin and wolf whistled.

Jimin snapped out of his gaze, straightening his posture immediately and looking up at Jungkook with, slight glare still evident.

"What're you looking at?" Jungkook said, cockiness evident in his voice.

"Like what you see?" He said, gesturing to himself and winking

Jimin's eyes widened as his cheeks visibly heated up. A grimace began to form on his face.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Nothing baby. Just trying to live my best life."

"Disgusting. Don't call me that. You barely know me."

"Okay precious. Or do you prefer honey. Maybe princess?"

If Jungkook didn't know better, he could've sworn he saw Jimin shiver. Was it fear or something else entirely?

"Well guys" He looked away from Jimin for just a moment, taking in the slightly fearful faces of the other kids. "Better get to class. Don't wanna be late for homeroom."

He grinned, looking from face to face, before making eye contact with Jimin again.

"What are you waiting for kitten? Off you go."

Jimin blinked, seemingly lost for words. After a few seconds, he stood up and walked off to their classroom, face painted with a blush, even with his scowl still firmly set in his jaw. One by one, the other classmates followed, sending disgusted glances Jungkook's way, which he returned with winks and grins.

Class sitting next to Jimin was going to be very interesting...

-

a/n- ok so i live in a small homophobic town in australia, am obsessed with reading kpop fanfiction and have covered my walls sufficiently with kpop posters, have a sister who's just like junghyun, a dad who's a farm manager, and a mum who forces me to go on the school bus because me and my siblings fight too much.

but where is my cute angelic priest's daughter girlfriend. WHERE?!

a/n pt 2- i still dont have a gf lol, but HUGE edit to jikooks relationship here. i hated how i dumbed jm down so much to this brainless baby boy in the og write so i.. fixed it.. ig. i tried to retain some  of that sarcasm and snarkiness i had when they first met. hope its as good as before.