36

The tiny ping of Jimin's phone brought him out of his frenzy.

Jimin scrambled over to the window sill, tugging the curtains open, only to find a worried looking Jungkook waving at him

Jimin scrambled over to the window sill, tugging the curtains open, only to find a worried looking Jungkook waving at him. His face broke out in a smile on impulse at the sight of him, and he opened the window for him.

Jungkook threw a leg over the window and into the room, flinging himself at Jimin as soon as he was safely inside. He pulled the smaller boy into a hug, burying his head in his hair.

"I'm here." he whispered, voice muffled. "It's okay. I'm here. Don't worry."

Jimin was crying. He shouldn't cry. He was being melodramatic as usual. Attention seeker. Fake. Father was right.

But were the tears happy or sad? Who knew. They were flowing. That was for sure.

Jungkook pulled away, stepping back to look Jimin up and down. The anger in his expression deepened the longer he stared at him. 

"If I was a little stronger and a little older i'd pummel him into the ground. But I'm not, so I hope it's enough that I'm here.

After a moment his face softened. He lifted a hand to the mark on his cheek and caressed it, before leaning down to press a gentle kiss onto it.

It was surprising. Even in Jimin's saddest hours, Jungkook always knew how to make him blush.

"Why did he do this Jimin?" he murmured, bringing him in for another hug.

Jimin sniffled, rubbing at his eyes with balled up fists.

"You can tell me anything, you know."

Jimin cleared his throat, willing the croakiness in his voice away as he melted into Jungkook's arms.

"When I was 7 I had a crush."

Jungkook rubbed his back, willing him to go on.

"I had a crush on a boy. I didn't know it was wrong back then. I thought it was normal to like boys like that." He paused, taking in a deep breath before continuing.

"I confessed and kissed him on the lips. It was perfectly innocent. I didn't know there was a difference between liking girls and boys. I thought it was fine. B-but my father... My father saw."

"He.. beat me. He called me a fag, made me recite bible references over and over. Until I couldn't even talk anymore because my throat was too sore. You know, all the usual stuff." Jimin whispered, stuttering through his words.

"I was only 7 and tiny for my age.. He could've seriously hurt me if he hit too hard.. And h-he hit pretty damn hard."

Anger coursed through Jungkook's veins with every word Jimin said. He knew his dad was bad, homophobic, and in general a mean person, but abusive? He couldn't even wrap his head around what Jimin had been through. The only thing left in his head was pure, red hot rage.

He gritted his teeth together, willing it away as Jimin continued talking. Anger was futile. No matter what he could try to do, at the end of the day they were both just kids.

"I think seeing it happen again now that I'm older just tipped him off." Jimin sniffled. "I probably won't be eating tonight.."

Jungkook shook his head firmly.

"He doesn't matter. Even if he hates you with all his heart, I, like, really, really like you.. That probably doesn't compare, but it's what I can give you."

A fresh wave of tears took over Jimin at his words.

It made him feel pathetic to say it, but he'd never had someone love him before. Not his mother, who was barely in the house anyway. Not his brother, who'd moved out 6 years ago without even thinking that Jimin might've hated his home as much as he did. And definitely not his father.

But Jungkook did, apparently.

Jungkook loved him. Or something close.

Jimin shook his head, wiping away his tears and burying his head in Jungkook's chest. When he spoke, his voice was shaky, croaky, high pitched, and in his opinion, ugly. But the words held the same depth nevertheless.

"I really, really like you too."

-

a/n- sorry for not double updating yesterday. i just got back to school and it's already getting progressively harder to write so i couldn't get anything done. again, i'm sorry!

hope y'all enjoyed anyways. please send your blessings and prayers on me for the absolute shithole that is my school.

edit pt 36708909709- this was wayyyy too fast paced so i switched the i love you's out for realism purposes lol. gotta keep in mind these are two awkward teenagers who met like a couple months ago at most.