26

"Let's go swimming."

"What?"

It was the middle of the night again, and Jungkook was bored.

He and Jimin were laying side by side, just quietly thinking. About the world, about themselves, about each other. The stars outside were shining brighter than ever, not a cloud in the sky blocking them. The moon was beaming through the window of the tent, casting silver light onto both boys.

"We should go swimming." Jungkook repeated. "In the lake."

Jimin tilted his head to the side. "If you think I'm going to break the rules for you, you've got a big storm coming"

"Who says you'd be breaking the rules or me. Let's sneak out. It's not like Miss would ever know."

"Jungkook.."

"Cmon. Let's go."

Jungkook grabbed Jimin's hand and stood up, tugging him to his feet. Jimin reluctantly obeyed, following him as he unzipped the door to the tent and stepped out into the cold, starlit night.

Jungkook's hand was warm, completely covering Jimin's own one. He didn't let go.

They silently tiptoed past the other tents, down to the path that led to the lake. Remnants of old footprints from a day ago were still tracked down it.

In their bare feet and pajamas, the two boys were far from dressed to the occasion. Mud squelched in between their toes as they trudged down to the lake's clearing. It was dark, the only light coming from the moonshine leaking through the gaps in the rainforest canopy.

They two walked together, hand in hand, for less than 10 minutes before they arrived at the lake.

If they thought it was beautiful before, it was much, much better now. Empty, secluded, quiet. So alone, yet so beautiful. The water lapped calmly at the rickety, wooden dock.

They stayed like that for a moment. Holding hands as they stood on the dock, watching the world go by. Looking at the vast galaxy of stars above them, twinkling and shining.

Jungkook was the first to break contact with the sky and look back down into Jimin's eyes. He squeezed his hand.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Nothing. It's beautiful out here."

"Well enjoy it while it lasts, because you won't be able too much longer!" Jungkook shouted suddenly.

"Wha-" Jimin was cut off before his sentence could even begin, as Jungkook pushed him straight off the dock.

Jimin shrieked, high pitched and abnormally loud, as he was yet again plunged into freezing cold water by the one and only Jeon Jungkook.

He flailed, kicking as he pushed himself up for air. Jimin shouted slews of curses and shouts at Jungkook, and Jungkook laughed so hard his insides hurt.

Jimin shook the water out of his hair, spitting out the gulp he had swallowed through his protests.

"Oh no you didn't!" he screamed, lunging forward and grabbing Jungkook's ankle, pulling him in with him.

Even as he was pulled into water, Jungkook continued laughing manically. When he came back up to the surface, Jimin was laughing too.

He's so beautiful. An angel. thought Jungkook.

He was beautiful. Droplets of water on his face and in his hair shining like speckles of silver under the stars.

They must've both looked like quite the sight. Fully clothed, choking on laughs, struggling to stay afloat in a lake.

"You look like a wet rat." Jimin giggled.

"And you look like a Greek god, but we can't all be that, can we?" Jungkook smiled back.

The atmosphere morphed into a comfortable silence, both the boys staring up at the glimmering night above them, the silhouettes of pine trees bordering it.

"You're right. It is beautiful." Jungkook murmured.

Jimin's eyes gleamed in wonder, mimicking the way the lake reflected the moon.

"Yeah." he whispered back.

The stayed like that, slipping into silence again as they watched the pines sway in the breeze. After a few minutes, Jimin began shivering from the cold.

Jungkook noticed, cooing.

"Aww, is the little princess cold?"

"For once in your life, could you please shut that mouth of yours?" Jimin protested, teeth chattering as he spoke.

"So cute. Do you want me to warm you up?" Jungkook grinned. Jimin shoved him.

"You're ridiculous." he said, shaking his head rapidly.

Jimin silenced himself again, biting his bottom lip.

"I am, p-pretty cold, actually." he whispered.

"I guess I better warm you up after all, then." Jungkook winked, flinging open his arms.

Jimin shook his head, pouting grumpily before swimming into Jungkook's arms, which immediately wrapped around him.

Jungkook was so much bigger than Jimin. His body covered him like a blanket. He was as warm and soft as one too, in Jimin's opinion.

"Thank you." Jimin blushed. "You're really warm."

"And your feet feel like ice bricks. You really did need me, huh?"

"No. But I'll let you humor yourself." Jimin murmured, nose buried in Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook sighed, burying his own face in Jimin's hair.

"We should probably head back soon. It's only getting colder." he muttered, yawning.

"Yeah. But I don't wanna go yet." Jimin whispered, looking back up at Jungkook's face.

"A princess like you wouldn't want to catch a cold right? So I guess we better head back soon." Jungkook replied, running a hand through Jimin's hair and making him glare at him.

"I'm no puppy, Jungkook." he scowled, nose scrunched up.

"No. You're a tiny little kitten." Jungkook grinned, resting his hand on the nape of Jimin's neck. "And kittens also get cold very easily, so lets head back."

Jimin shook his head in defeat. "Okay. But for your information, I don't take well to being treated like a pet. Or a child, for that matter."

Jungkook rolled his eyes as he hoisted himself up on the dock, pulling Jimin up after him.

"Suuure. And I guess you're a good rower as well?"

"You're one to speak!" Jimin retorted, standing up and following Jungkook back to the path.

They bickered playfully as they walked back, only silencing once they had reached the campsite. It was so silent that you could hear each individual cricket chirping.

By the time the boys crept back into their tent, their pajamas were completely dry again

Finally, they snuggled up under their blanket piles

They fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows, facing each other, Jungkook's hand outstretched and resting gently on top of Jimin's.

-

a/n- i know that y'all wanted skinny dipping but i just couldn't bring myself to do it.

i'm sorry but i hope this was good enough anyways 😭

i'll probably write smut at some point if you guys actually want it, but i'm gonna need a whole lot of help.